Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I find it really difficult to learn about the structure and function of the heart as I find the information unclear , confusing or too complicated or like there’s too much of it and I’ve looked at text books and videos but I can never learn it or understand the heart at all in anyway
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    I find it really difficult to learn about the structure and function of the heart as I find the information unclear , confusing or too complicated or like there’s too much of it and I’ve looked at text books and videos but I can never learn it or understand the heart at all in anyway
    Which study level are you at?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Have you tried making a poster with a diagram of the heart open to help you revise? I do A-level biology and I did this which helped a lot. On the diagram I wrote labels and covered them with paper flaps so that I could guess and see the answer. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I’m actually very good at biology normally achieve an A or B and in year 10 but I just never understood the heart lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    I’m actually very good at biology normally achieve an A or B and in year 10 but I just never understood the heart lol
    It's just one of those things where you have to memorise by brute force.

Keep drawing the diagram and employ those 'Look-Cover-Write-Check' techniques you were forced to use in primary school to learn spellings. Works wonders for memorisation heavy subjects like Biology.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.