Amd a9 9420 or Intel i5 for gaming?

Watch
Infereon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am quite new to computers so this might seem like a dumb question but I like gaming and I am looking for a new laptop. The one with the amd is quite a bit cheaper but I'm not sure if the Intel one would be better for a gaming experience. Looking for smooth fps not graphics
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Infereon)
I am quite new to computers so this might seem like a dumb question but I like gaming and I am looking for a new laptop. The one with the amd is quite a bit cheaper but I'm not sure if the Intel one would be better for a gaming experience. Looking for smooth fps not graphics
In a vacuum the i5 is likely better, but it's important to evaluate gaming laptops by their overall spec sheets, since the processor alone won't let us determine which of the two laptops will provide better gaming performance when we don't know the graphics cards.

Links to the two laptops?
Jonjonbo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are many varieties of i5 chips, and it also depends on things such as RAM and the graphics card (if applicable). A big factor many newcomers also tend to overlook in games is resolution. It's helpful to look at the recommended minimum specs for the kinds of games you want to run. For example, Minecraft probably would be very demanding regardless of device, but for more intensive titles a GPU may be required.
Ellieg333
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You’re probably asking the wrong place...
Persona5
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends what games you want to play. If you want high fps and want to play games like assassin's creed/call of duty, then you'll need a better processor and gpu than the ones u listed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads