Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am doing English literature and language, photography and BTEC applied science at level 3. Can I do a teaching degree with these a-levels? If so what university’s accept them and what courses could I do/ what courses would I need to do for teaching?

    If you get the grades then yes! If you want to teach primary you can do a primary education degree; https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...earchbarbutton

    If you want to teach secondary you can either do a degree in a teaching subject eg English or Science then do a QTS or PGCE course for a year after you graduate, there are also some programmes like teach first.
    some universities offer secondary teaching degrees with a certain subject;

    Most of these courses require you to have done at least two weeks work experience in a school, preferably in the subject you want to teach, so I would recommend doing that for a successful application!

University open days

  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.