Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys would you date a Feminist who was above average? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I'm not opposed to the fundamental tenets of feminism, only when it manifests itself under the guise of misandry. I'm open-minded and am willing to change my outlook on matters if presented with convincing arguments based around reason and evidence (although that shouldn't be misconstrued as being malleable I am invested in my beliefs and therefore it would require highly persuasive arguments for me to change). If she was only a trailblazer for liberal causes as she had a herd mentality and was virtue signalling then it would certainly be a red-flag. The key to a successful relationship is compatibility. As I was a proponent for Brexit, was ambivalent to Trump, but has become increasing dismayed with his presidency; as well as leaning to libertarianism, I think that it would be highly unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    100% avoid, obvious signs of little intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    agreed, its VERY disgusting that feminists behave like that
    No, it's disgusting someone has that viewpoint of feminists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_)
    No, it's disgusting someone has that viewpoint of feminists
    I think it’s mostly that people like Lena Dunham are really giving feminism a bad name by skewing the message feminism is supposed to give- they make it seem toxic and man-hating, which feminism shouldn’t be. Emma Watson, for example, has a actual proper type of feminism, the kind that actually promotes equality for all, and emphasises everyone, ie. men being empowered along with women for doing traditionally feminine things without being brought down by others. Too much media attention to the toxic ideas given out by some so-called feminists drowns out the positive side of actual feminism.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caspian&anakin)
    I think it’s mostly that people like Lena Dunham are really giving feminism a bad name by skewing the message feminism is supposed to give- they make it seem toxic and man-hating, which feminism shouldn’t be. Emma Watson, for example, has a actual proper type of feminism, the kind that actually promotes equality for all, and emphasises everyone, ie. men being empowered along with women for doing traditionally feminine things without being brought down by others. Too much media attention to the toxic ideas given out by some so-called feminists drowns out the positive side of actual feminism.
    This⬆️

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.