Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was wondering where the cheapest place to get books are?

I do not like used books too much, at least not if they are in bad shape.

Have you guys ever tried buying e-textbooks? Are they worth it?

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely recommend using Amazon and Ebay - you can check the condition of the books to very good or good, or look at the photos. Another idea is to look at the uni portal online or Facebook groups, as ex-students will sometimes sell their old textbooks on here. Sometimes your union bookshop will also sell used books (I am not sure about Warwick, but they used to do this at the university I studied at) but it will often be more expensive here.

ReputationRep:
    Amazon is my go-to book source. also i like a good rummage at car boot sales & charity shops.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.