Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiligentBop)
    Actually they are B in English language maths biology and RE
    C in chem physics IT and English lit
    D in media and E in history due to missed exam
    Your GCSEs may not give you the edge when applying. Like it says AAAs are minium grades there will be students with better GCSEs and predicted. I say the best chance is to get one or two A*s and try to resit the GCSEs you failed if you have the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seungy_Han)
    Your GCSEs may not give you the edge when applying. Like it says AAAs are minium grades there will be students with better GCSEs and predicted. I say the best chance is to get one or two A*s and try to resit the GCSEs you failed if you have the chance.
    Yeah I figured this but I’m going to give LSE a go anyway if all fails I’ll go through clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiligentBop)
    Yeah I figured this but I’m going to give LSE a go anyway if all fails I’ll go through clearing
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Getting into a top Uni doesn't matter. In England no one interviewing you for a job will care about your University. The teachers lied to you, so they can brag to others or make the school look good at the expense of your hard work.

What matters is who is accrediting your course in the Uni and the facilities the Uni has to make sure you get the right job with the right people.

If a Uni is judging you on your GCSEs after destroying your A-Levels and telling them all the talents you have, then they don't deserve you.

Remember, you are the University's most valuable asset. They should be working hard to impress you not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Dr.Professor)
    Getting into a top Uni doesn't matter. In England no one interviewing you for a job will care about your University. The teachers lied to you, so they can brag to others or make the school look good at the expense of your hard work.

What matters is who is accrediting your course in the Uni and the facilities the Uni has to make sure you get the right job with the right people.

If a Uni is judging you on your GCSEs after destroying your A-Levels and telling them all the talents you have, then they don't deserve you.

Remember, you are the University's most valuable asset. They should be working hard to impress you not the other way around.
    Thanks I agree with everything you’ve said especially the last bit bit about the student being the most valuable asset however I disagree with the first bit about the university not being important due to the career I want to go into after university. I am looking to go into Investment banking/ consultant and the university you go to takes precedence over degree as over 70% of those within the industry study at a G5 school. This is why it’s so important for me to get into Warwick and LSE
    Also thank you for the kind words you’ve definitely given me a new perspective on the university-student relationship

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.