Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've made my personal statement for biomed, however I've done some research into some more courses and really like some of the biology courses. Could i apply to a uni for both biomed and biology or would this hinder my application??? My personal statement is quite clearly biomed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleighm18)
    Basically I've made my personal statement for biomed, however I've done some research into some more courses and really like some of the biology courses. Could i apply to a uni for both biomed and biology or would this hinder my application??? My personal statement is quite clearly biomed.
    Well Biomed is still Biology. If you tweak your statement you should be fine. I'm doing Biomed right now, currently in a Biology class as I post this, and my statement was nothing too brilliant yet I got in. If you do well the statement likely wont be too important. And applying for as many courses as possible doesn't matter, it's better to apply to many than just one. If they don't think you're right for it you just won't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    Well Biomed is still Biology. If you tweak your statement you should be fine. I'm doing Biomed right now, currently in a Biology class as I post this, and my statement was nothing too brilliant yet I got in. If you do well the statement likely wont be too important. And applying for as many courses as possible doesn't matter, it's better to apply to many than just one. If they don't think you're right for it you just won't get it.
    Thankyou! In my statement I literally say 'reading biomedical science at university...' if i changed this to biological sciences would that be acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! In my statement I literally say 'reading biomedical science at university...' if i changed this to biological sciences would that be acceptable?
    Since it's all Biology then yes, small changes like that to broaden it will be all that you need. Even if a personal statement is tailored to Biomed another Biology course will still likely accept you.
    Can I ask what uni you're applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    Since it's all Biology then yes, small changes like that to broaden it will be all that you need. Even if a personal statement is tailored to Biomed another Biology course will still likely accept you.
    Can I ask what uni you're applying to?
    Im thinking of applying to Liverpool uni for biomed and bio
    Lincoln for biomed/bio
    Aston for biomed
    Nottingham trent for biomed/bio

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of applying to Liverpool uni for biomed and bio
    Lincoln for biomed/bio
    Aston for biomed
    Nottingham trent for biomed/bio
    Sounds good. I'll have a look at my PS when I get home later to see how general I was, but since you're basing it on Biology anyway it'll all be good.
    Have you been doing any a-levels, AH's or whichever level type is applicable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    Sounds good. I'll have a look at my PS when I get home later to see how general I was, but since you're basing it on Biology anyway it'll all be good.
    Have you been doing any a-levels, AH's or whichever level type is applicable?
    Ive got two A levels already which is a B in biology and a B in history. Im redoing my chemistry this year as I got a C and wasnt happy with it. Could i by any chance send you my PS later just for some tips??

ReputationRep:
    Ive got two A levels already which is a B in biology and a B in history. Im redoing my chemistry this year as I got a C and wasnt happy with it. Could i by any chance send you my PS later just for some tips??
    I did terrible in Chemistry, AH and failed it after a B in Higher. Just in case anyone is unclear it's Scottish, not really sure if that's needed but I wanted to write that anyway.
    I'm really not an expert but I can have a look at mine and see if they're similar in some aspects. When I applied I got 4 conditional offers and just one rejection for a harder course with an industrial placement. Grades were my bad factor throughout and I got into Uni through clearing, which is where the PS really comes across as well so I think mine was better than I give myself credit for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    I did terrible in Chemistry, AH and failed it after a B in Higher. Just in case anyone is unclear it's Scottish, not really sure if that's needed but I wanted to write that anyway.
    I'm really not an expert but I can have a look at mine and see if they're similar in some aspects. When I applied I got 4 conditional offers and just one rejection for a harder course with an industrial placement. Grades were my bad factor throughout and I got into Uni through clearing, which is where the PS really comes across as well so I think mine was better than I give myself credit for.
    Yeah im so worried about chemistry again this year lol
    I hope liverpool dont reject me because im a resit student and have lower grades but i like lincoln too. Its just my PS that needs sorting really

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im so worried about chemistry again this year lol
    I hope liverpool dont reject me because im a resit student and have lower grades but i like lincoln too. Its just my PS that needs sorting really
    I resat Higher Maths as I talked to people throughout my first year at it and failed. Second attempt I still didn't do that well but a decent statement and decent grades will get you in. I'll check my statement later and see what I talked about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    I resat Higher Maths as I talked to people throughout my first year at it and failed. Second attempt I still didn't do that well but a decent statement and decent grades will get you in. I'll check my statement later and see what I talked about.
    Thank you!! What uni do you attend now???

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! What uni do you attend now???
    I managed to get in to Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen to do a course that is more interesting and I had to organise new accommodation as I was going to go into Uni halls.
    Everything worked out great as the halls were in a more remote part of the city, at the edge, now I'm near the middle and will be taking a studio at this building for second year onwards. I was terrified of starting Uni but now I could never go back home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    I managed to get in to Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen to do a course that is more interesting and I had to organise new accommodation as I was going to go into Uni halls.
    Everything worked out great as the halls were in a more remote part of the city, at the edge, now I'm near the middle and will be taking a studio at this building for second year onwards. I was terrified of starting Uni but now I could never go back home.
    Sounds awesome!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.