The Student Room Group

Should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned if I have better GCSE grades and the same predicted grades as someone else who sent their UCAS application off at the same time and has got an offer before me? Does this mean my personal statement is weak and they got theirs before me because it was a lot better? I'm really concerned my personal statement might cost me my place at other institutions too.
Reply 1
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Should I be concerned if I have better GCSE grades and the same predicted grades as someone else who sent their UCAS application off at the same time and has got an offer before me? Does this mean my personal statement is weak and they got theirs before me because it was a lot better? I'm really concerned my personal statement might cost me my place at other institutions too.

Is it the same Uni you are waiting to hear back from?
It likely isn't too bad, I know a few other people that had to wait a bit longer than me to hear back from Uni's.
Original post by Bio 7
Is it the same Uni you are waiting to hear back from?
It likely isn't too bad, I know a few other people that had to wait a bit longer than me to hear back from Uni's.

Yeah, it's the same uni. I'm just really concerned that my application was weaker.
Reply 3
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Yeah, it's the same uni. I'm just really concerned that my application was weaker.

Well they might just be taking longer to decide or have so many applications that they are taking a long time to get through them. If you have the grades you should be on the short-list and hear back soon. Have you applied to more than one course at that Uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending