Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kevin Spacey: All the Money in the World to be reshot Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Following the accusations against him, Kevin Spacey is set to be completely erased from All the Money in the World, for which he'd shot around two weeks of footage and appeared in the trailer released in September.

Spacey is to be replaced by Christopher Plummer, with many large scale scenes being reshot, including one pictured in the trailer, where Spacey's portrayal of Getty is seen walking away from a large gathering of news reporters.

Aside from this, further production of House of Cards has been axed, and Spacey has been dropped by both his agent and publicist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41925767
    • Very Important Poster

All about the millions of £ invested and backers want a return. His brand is toxic at the moment and it will hurt box office, so it makes sense to reshoot. he has another couple of films in post production one of which was pulled. He might have survived the first allegation, but the subsequent ones means he could be toast. I cnat see a way back from him no matter how good an actor.

ReputationRep:
    his career is over.

Shame - as purely speaking as an actor, not as a person, he is one of my favorite.

Id recomend the big kahuna as an underrated film for anyone who likes films that explore ideas.. its just 3 guys sat in a room talking, but its quite brilliant.

Add to that american beauty, the usual suspects, K-pax etc.

---

As a person though, if the allegations against him prove to be true, then yes he does deserve to be dropped from the industry entirely. He is in an industry that thrives on one thing alone: Public opinion.. its show business where the whole idea is to make a show people want..

well, no one wants him anymore, so hes out - and rightly so.

No one else to blame but himself.

If the allegations are true then he has squandered the later years of his acting career by actions that are entirely his own, and as someone who was a fan of his work - I have no problem blaming him for being the reason why I wont get to see any more of his acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I cnat see a way back from him no matter how good an actor.
    Want to agree with you, but people said the same about Mel Gibson...
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Drewski)
    Want to agree with you, but people said the same about Mel Gibson...
    There is unease because Rapp was 14 at the time- smoke without fire + Weinstein makes it a toxic risk.

The rest is predatory groping, which in todays atmosphere doesnt work. Am sure it was common place, but theres a lot of hysteria. There are always other actors.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I was really shocked that they would spend the money and time in doing this, but I'm glad they did. It sends a big message to Spacey and to the world that such things will not be tolerated. He's ruined his life and it's the least he deserves for assaulting people, imo.

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    Following the accusations against him, Kevin Spacey is set to be completely erased from All the Money in the World, for which he'd shot around two weeks of footage and appeared in the trailer released in September.

Spacey is to be replaced by Christopher Plummer, with many large scale scenes being reshot, including one pictured in the trailer, where Spacey's portrayal of Getty is seen walking away from a large gathering of news reporters.

Aside from this, further production of House of Cards has been axed, and Spacey has been dropped by both his agent and publicist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41925767
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I was really shocked that they would spend the money and time in doing this, but I'm glad they did. It sends a big message to Spacey and to the world that such things will not be tolerated. He's ruined his life and it's the least he deserves for assaulting people, imo.
    I totally agree, it's a surprise they were willing to spend so much extra to do it, but it's really good they have. It definitely sends a message to people, and helps offset the idea celebrities can just do things without any repercussions.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit crazy over an allegation from thirty years ago that may or may not be true. I guess it shows Kevin Spacey is on the naughty list despite no conviction.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    All about the millions of £ invested and backers want a return. His brand is toxic at the moment and it will hurt box office, so it makes sense to reshoot. he has another couple of films in post production one of which was pulled. He might have survived the first allegation, but the subsequent ones means he could be toast. I cnat see a way back from him no matter how good an actor.
    Has Mr Spacey be changed with any crime or is it only allegations.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.