Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my confidence just plummets when I'm around her, I just find her rude and snippy. But it must just be my issue cause everyone in the practice loves her!

Since I started about 4 weeks back now, I've kept note of a few instances where I just wanted to scream at her (and I feel like she wants to scream at me):

1) When I first started, the person assigned to be my coach had no idea she was meant to be my coach, and wasn't happy since she already had three students! So I got passed onto my current coach, who is part time and is only in practice till 2:00 pm. Upon finding out I was being switched, I asked them "Won't this be confusing?", since my first coach had already started opening tasks on the NPL, and I didn't know if it would affect it somehow. They just looked at each other like I was an idiot.

2) I offered to go buy batteries for something and asked where I should get them, my coach replied, "The shop." I just wanted to facepalm. Yeah woman, I figured, but what shop do you usually buy them from?! I'm new to the area, help me out!

3) She asked me to keep a watch on the autoclave next door to make sure it didn't need a water top up. I said, "It beeps when it needs water." and she replied, "Yeah, thanks I didn't know that(!)" I asked her to repeat herself cause I wasn't sure I heard her right, but she wouldn't, and just explained that it won't beep on a full cycle. Sorry, guess this know it all didn't know it all, didn't mean to come across that way.

4) She's telling me how to set up a kennel for an exotic when in the middle of her speaking, one of the vets starts talking over her so I can't hear my coach. My coach asks me, "Did you get that?" I didn't. "That's cause you're not listening." The vet even chimed in and said, "Sorry, that's cause I was talking."

I'm writing this while in a very bad mood, and I'm maybe blowing this all out of proportion, but this is person in supposed to be my mentor, and she just makes me feel like crap the majority of the time (she can actually be nice sometimes! Emphasis on the sometimes!) What do you think, good or bad coach, regardless of whether she's stressed, or because we work in a busy practice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.