Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I heard about this book around a year ago and stupidly didn't note down it's name. all I can remember is the blurb and I don't even know if I've got that right. if anyone has read this book or knows of it, I'd appreciate it!

The story is something along these lines:
    a man has a diary/journal where he writes things down (obvioudly). the only thing I remember his writing down is about his wife and him basically ****ging her off. I believe he buries it in the garden. something happens and humans end, years later they find this man's diary and live life according to how he wrote because they want to live like the "old humans". And they start ****ging off woman too or something.

I've asked several people already and they have no idea. do any of you??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I can’t work out what the word you have starred means... could you give a clue and then I may be able to help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    I can’t work out what the word you have starred means... could you give a clue and then I may be able to help?
    Id guess s l a g g I n g
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zsg)
    I heard about this book around a year ago and stupidly didn't note down it's name. all I can remember is the blurb and I don't even know if I've got that right. if anyone has read this book or knows of it, I'd appreciate it!

The story is something along these lines:
    a man has a diary/journal where he writes things down (obvioudly). the only thing I remember his writing down is about his wife and him basically ****ging her off. I believe he buries it in the garden. something happens and humans end, years later they find this man's diary and live life according to how he wrote because they want to live like the "old humans". And they start ****ging off woman too or something.

I've asked several people already and they have no idea. do any of you??
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Dave

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that is a bizarre story. I don't think I've every read something like that though.

ReputationRep:
    omg thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Id guess s l a g g I n g
    right guess 😉

ReputationRep:
    is it Bridget Jones' Diary ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    is it Bridget Jones' Diary ?

:holmes:
    not quite 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zsg)
    not quite 😂
    oh :emo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.