Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am considering applying to Warwick uni for 2018 and really wanted to know how the party life is the type of clubs etc.... since i am quite sociable ans will love a night out!!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    same, does anyone know what the party/nightlife is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-level04)
    Hi,

I am considering applying to Warwick uni for 2018 and really wanted to know how the party life is the type of clubs etc.... since i am quite sociable ans will love a night out!!!

Thanks
    btw wat course u applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got an offer for Law and most likely will go Warwick. I live in Coventry and most people from warwick uni either come to the city centre here or go to Leamington Spa which is also nearby. Both are below average tbh (in comparison with places like London), but Leamington is a bit nicer as it is a posher area. Apparently for freshers week everyone goes to Birmingham anyway which is much better but I cannot confirm this as I am yet to start uni. In all honesty the surrounding area isn't all that great for partying but it's a small sacrifice considering it's such a great uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwarak)
    Yeah I've got an offer for Law and most likely will go Warwick. I live in Coventry and most people from warwick uni either come to the city centre here or go to Leamington Spa which is also nearby. Both are below average tbh (in comparison with places like London), but Leamington is a bit nicer as it is a posher area. Apparently for freshers week everyone goes to Birmingham anyway which is much better but I cannot confirm this as I am yet to start uni. In all honesty the surrounding area isn't all that great for partying but it's a small sacrifice considering it's such a great uni.
    I have applied for economics, havent got an offer yet.

I live in london so have no idea about the area. I just wanna known that its not gonna be a boring atmosphere and that there are actually gonna be parties and people going clubbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello1236969)

I live in london so have no idea about the area. I just wanna known that its not gonna be a boring atmosphere and that there are actually gonna be parties and people going clubbing
    From what I've heard from my friend who goes go Warwick, if you want to go out clubbing loads then there's definitely other who will want to - Rootes (accommodation) is known for being super social as well
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

i live in warwickshire, warwick nightlife is very poor, expect to be indoors every night in your room

ReputationRep:

Fam in all honesty Warwick isn't known for nightlife, so I wouldn't have high hopes, there are only 2 nightclubs in Coventry and they're both god awful. But that isn't to say you won't have a good time, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff going on, on campus.

ReputationRep:
    Fam in all honesty Warwick isn't known for nightlife, so I wouldn't have high hopes, there are only 2 nightclubs in Coventry and they're both god awful. But that isn't to say you won't have a good time, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff going on, on campus.
    ffs it just sounds like its bad but its not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    leamington spa is the best, the main clubs are SMACK and NEON

ReputationRep:
    calm, theres not many clubs closeby. idm travelling a bit, but do u know if the people are calm and not bangouts who study allday.

ReputationRep:
    calm, theres not many clubs closeby. idm travelling a bit, but do u know if the people are calm and not bangouts who study allday.
    Nah nah it's not that bad, apart from the intl chinese students who are all bare smart everyone else that I bump into from warwick are bless. Leamington is deffo worth if it if you can be arsed to make the treck.

ReputationRep:
    Nah nah it's not that bad, apart from the intl chinese students who are all bare smart everyone else that I bump into from warwick are bless. Leamington is deffo worth if it if you can be arsed to make the treck.
    fair enough. im looking to go warwick if i get an offer with lse backup. wbu?

ReputationRep:
    fair enough. im looking to go warwick if i get an offer with lse backup. wbu?
    Bro Econ at LSE has one of the highest graduate salaries/prospects of any course throughout the entire country! If you get an offer from there I'd deffo say put it as firm. However if you wanna get out of london, Warwick is deffo a great choice. I'm probs gonna keep Queen Mary as a backup and Warwick as a firm.

ReputationRep:
    Bro Econ at LSE has one of the highest graduate salaries/prospects of any course throughout the entire country! If you get an offer from there I'd deffo say put it as firm. However if you wanna get out of london, Warwick is deffo a great choice. I'm probs gonna keep Queen Mary as a backup and Warwick as a firm.
    IK but i wanna move out and go to warwick, its still a very good uni.
    & i applied for econ&econ history at lse so idk about that course tbh

ReputationRep:
    So much rubbish being thrown about in these comments. Yeah, perhaps the nightlife won't live up to somewhere like Leeds or Manchester or any other big city, but it has its own thing going on. There are three main clubs everyone goes to, Smack (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and Neon (Fridays) which are in Leamington and Kasbah (Mondays and Fridays) which is in Coventry which is a fantastic nightclub. There's also the SU which has Pop! every Wednesday that all the sports teams attend. Also take into account nights out are generally more fun than those in London due to cheaper drinks, entry and travel. In freshers there is something going on every night to go out to, and yes there is usually an event in Birmingham but that's far and many people cba. Whilst it's not the largest variety of clubs to choose from, it's nice because you often bump into Uni mates or make friends in the club as you're basically all students. Also in second year everyone moves from campus to Leamington so kitchen parties become actual house parties that you can go to. And I definitely recommend living in Rootes, from what I can gather we had the livest halls and I had loads of fun. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get to know some other prospective students at Warwick and see what they are like, there is a Warwick Applicants and Offer Holders group on Facebook if you want to join
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/168900813713344/

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! There is a Warwick Applicants and Offer Holders FaceBook group. Join using the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168900813713344/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.