The Student Room Group

"Interim" maintenance loan payment

I just received a text from SFE informing me that a payment will be made into my account within 3 days, much to my surprise as I already received this terms payments back in September. I logged into my account and it says that I'm getting an interim maintenance loan payment of £139.

What's the reason for this? This is my fourth year of receiving student finance and it's never happened before. I recently switched from a bachelor's to a master's degree, could it be that SFE re-evaluated my application due to this and that's where the extra is coming from?
Original post by Frankston
I just received a text from SFE informing me that a payment will be made into my account within 3 days, much to my surprise as I already received this terms payments back in September. I logged into my account and it says that I'm getting an interim maintenance loan payment of £139.

What's the reason for this? This is my fourth year of receiving student finance and it's never happened before. I recently switched from a bachelor's to a master's degree, could it be that SFE re-evaluated my application due to this and that's where the extra is coming from?

were you originally going to graduate next summer? if so that could make sense as you would usually get a bit less in your final payment but if it's no longer your final year then you would be owed a bit extra.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
were you originally going to graduate next summer? if so that could make sense as you would usually get a bit less in your final payment but if it's no longer your final year then you would be owed a bit extra.

Yeah I was. That makes sense, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending