Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Early 20s, and I'm the only person I know (and I mean the only person) who hasn't had a relationship or had sex.

I'm not angry about this, but I do feel admittedly quite lonely sometimes. It is just me that's left to have these experiences.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Early 20s, and I'm the only person I know (and I mean the only person) who hasn't had a relationship or had sex.

I'm not angry about this, but I do feel admittedly quite lonely sometimes. It is just me that's left to have these experiences.
    How often would you say you meet new people?

How much of an effort do you make to build on existing friendships? E.g. Messaging, meeting up etc

A lot of my friends have never been in relationships and they are in their late twenties. They are focused on career and enjoying their life.

I wouldn't focus on trying to find someone, just concentrate on making your life the best it can be. When you are confident, you will find it easier to find someone, later on.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand what you feel, I haven't been in a relationship for a while and sometimes I think the same.
    It can be great to be in a relationship but it can also be a hastle. You'll find someone some day, don't worry about it too much just try and make the most of it now, have fun, and you'll see things will just happen.

sucks that you can't find what you looking for... I am kind of in the same boat, never had a relationship and don't have a single friend
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

sucks when you can't find what you want... I am in the same boat, you're not alone. I never had a relationship nor a friend. life is just a joke
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I have plenty of friends who I see regularly, and am introduced to new people a fair amount.

But still, nothing is happening. Been told for years that something 'will happen soon'. Indeed it will right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.