Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my first day, training day tomorrow at the entertainer (it's a toy shop), we obviously have to wear uniform black trousers and we get the t-shirt once we arrive. Do I leave my house tomorrow with my black trousers and shoes (part of the uniform) or can I go with my normal clothes and then change there? it's my first day tomorrow and I don't know what to do!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfg4)
    I got my first day, training day tomorrow at the entertainer (it's a toy shop), we obviously have to wear uniform black trousers and we get the t-shirt once we arrive. Do I leave my house tomorrow with my black trousers and shoes (part of the uniform) or can I go with my normal clothes and then change there? it's my first day tomorrow and I don't know what to do!!!
    would you please fill out my survey.. its important for my dissertation.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...nSDPw/viewform

ReputationRep:
    As an employer myself. I would expect you to arrive ready to work. So black trousers as requested and some suitable top - maybe black T-shirt or something plain. In case uniform top is not handed out at start.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by dfg4)
    Chill it doesnt really matter. there will be somewhere in the back you can change.

Just to cover your anxiety though go with the trousers and if you really need to what youd like to wear normally (I wouldnt bother), then:

i) If theres no changing room you already have the needed part of the uniform one.
    ii) If there is somewhere to change, then you know for next time and you can change back after work.

The shop always seems relaxed, so please dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Chill it doesnt really matter. there will be somewhere in the back you can change.

Just to cover your anxiety though go with the trousers and if you really need to what youd like to wear normally (I wouldnt bother), then:

i) If theres no changing room you already have the needed part of the uniform one.
    ii) If there is somewhere to change, then you know for next time and you can change back after work.

The shop always seems relaxed, so please dont worry.
    Would you have gone in wearing the trousers part of the uniform etc, on your first training day
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by dfg4)
    Would you have gone in wearing the trousers part of the uniform etc, on your first training day
    I thought thats what I said.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.