Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was not granted an appeal after 3 years in a course and being marked down by bias, i was forced to repeat a module even know i had passed half the module. so the research module is split into 50/50 and part 1 was achieved at 42% and the half at 25%.
    25% is the proposal which will be my dissertation idea - I've been kicked out of uni for that and being told i can not challenge academic judgment meanwhile I've passed all my other modules.

i need help on how to fight this appeal.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by zeeamadi)
    I was not granted an appeal after 3 years in a course and being marked down by bias, i was forced to repeat a module even know i had passed half the module. so the research module is split into 50/50 and part 1 was achieved at 42% and the half at 25%.
    25% is the proposal which will be my dissertation idea - I've been kicked out of uni for that and being told i can not challenge academic judgment meanwhile I've passed all my other modules.

i need help on how to fight this appeal.
    You really need to go and see a student advisor or a lawyer so they can interview you and get all relevant information from you. It would be much easier to ask you questions that way as from what you wrote its clearly not the whole picture.

Depending on your uni then they also need to look at the rules and what happens about exam grading and appeals. they will be on the webiste, but as they are individual to the uni and lots of the information is missing, then its impossible to offer any advice.

It is unusual based on what youve said for them not to offer an opportunity to resit, but your post is incomplete and unclear.

Imo you would normally be offered a resit and that resit would be capped at 40%.

You may have further grounds to appeal, but I suspect you need to have certain grounds and you may or may not have those. You really need a lawyer to assess your case.

ReputationRep:
    This assignment was marked first at 100 then at 40 and even with the needed adjustments I was still issued the same grade. My issue is that I’ve been marked with bias and onto the matter not offered to carry it over as it’s a module I will still develop on at the next level. The university is stating I can not challenge academic judgement but I’m not challenging the academic side but the ethics behind it, how can you fail some on a proposal that you will be working on ? Alongside the fact that I’ve spent 4years doing a three year course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.