Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever become vegetarian/vegan? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    For those of you that eat meat, do you think you'll ever become vegetarian? What puts you off doing so?

And for vegetarians, the same questions, but for veganism? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of going vegan . The only problem is that im rubbish at cooking and everytime I cook something vegan it is too bland
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    For those of you that eat meat, do you think you'll ever become vegetarian? What puts you off doing so?

And for vegetarians, the same questions, but for veganism? :holmes:
    This time last year I ate meat and could never imagine giving it up. But now I'm vegan

I always assumed I needed meat to be healthy and that veggie/vegan food would be bland and unfulfilling. I've done a complete 180 since and actually feel so much better for cutting it all out my diet.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discobish)
    This time last year I ate meat and could never imagine giving it up. But now I'm vegan

I always assumed I needed meat to be healthy and that veggie/vegan food would be bland and unfulfilling. I've done a complete 180 since and actually feel so much better for cutting it all out my diet.
    Woah, that's quite the turnaround! What made you decide to make the change?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Gosh no. I love pork too much

ReputationRep:
    I tried a vegan diet for 2 months but gave up because I kept craving chicken.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Definetly not, nearly all my meals have meat in them.

ReputationRep:
    I was veggie for about 5 years but lapsed. I can see myself returning to vegetarianism at some point because I still struggle with some of the ethics around eating meat (more the environmental arguments than eating meat per se).

ReputationRep:
    Never ever. Ever ever ever ever ever ever.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I love steak and lamb chops far too much
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Woah, that's quite the turnaround! What made you decide to make the change?
    After reading and seeing the things I did, I couldn't imagine ever eating meat or dairy again. So I haven't
    (I also really love animals!)

ReputationRep:
    no, but maybe id reduce the amount of meat i eat.

you cant just not eat kebabs when you're middle eastern jfc
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm a social vegan, I avoid meet.

ReputationRep:
    Have considered many times! I'm more interested in vegetarianism, though, at least to start off with. The only thing holding me back is that I live in a family of meat eaters (my mother was a vegetarian and my stepdad was vegan, I don't think either of them are interested in going back to that lifestyle). I do try, though, I cut down my meat consumption as much as I can. When I go to university, I have plans to go completely veggie, and move on to veganism through there.

I have a friend at sixth form who's vegan - she's been a real inspiration to me, and she seems really happy with her choice. She's also given me a lot of encouragement. Apart from that, I do agree with the ethical side of it, and I think the environmental impacts are pretty important to consider too.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I have too many food allergies. It's already annoying having to find things I can eat without the added pressure of having to avoid animal products. I could probably avoid the obvious stuff if I wanted to, but I would get fed up of looking for the "hidden" stuff

ReputationRep:
    it is the thin end of the wedge.... first you become vegetarian... then suddenly you are wearing sandals... next you have joined a hot yoga class....eventually you vote for the L*b**r Party... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I have no ethical problems with eating meat and I would not want to give up some of the most amazing foods in the world

ReputationRep:
    No chance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I am already a fussy eater; removing meat from my diet would be not be a good idea :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.