Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever become vegetarian/vegan? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I could become a vegetarian a lot easier than I could become vegan. I pretty much live off of eggs, can't imagine my life without them :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrostedStarzzz)
    Thinking of going vegan . The only problem is that im rubbish at cooking and everytime I cook something vegan it is too bland
    Add Marmite and black pepper - that's what I always do.

ReputationRep:
    I am already vegan - have been since the beginning of last school year. I realised then that I was living in an accommodation that provides two meals a day, including vegan options, so it was super easy. This year it's been more difficult because I haven't been in accommodation, but I'm doing all right - I've been making a lot of pasta sauce with veggie protein and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, no. Largely because I'm selfish and enjoy meat far too much.

Secondly because whenever I don't eat meat, I am just so hungry all the time. (And yes I have tried switching up macros and eating high protein plant based foods, still end up really hungry). Just nothing fills me up like meat does (lol no innuendo intended).

Thirdly I love to bake. And while there are some nice vegan option out there, the vast majority of vegan alternatives I have tried pale in comparison. And since I am a right saddo and baking and cooking are basically my only hobbies atm. I'm not giving that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrostedStarzzz)
    Thinking of going vegan . The only problem is that im rubbish at cooking and everytime I cook something vegan it is too bland
    DO ITTTT!!
    Okay, I'm not a pushy vegan. All I will say is that it's a lot easier than you'd expect!

ReputationRep:
    Never. I like meat too much. I could possibly be a pescatarian but...I'd still miss meat.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedUnicorn)
    DO ITTTT!!
    Okay, I'm not a pushy vegan. All I will say is that it's a lot easier than you'd expect!
    (probably one for another thread) But seriously? I always assumed it would be quite difficult tbh.

As for the original question - I am trying to cut down the amount of meat I eat and will happily buy things from the vegetarian section. But I don't have the urge to eat the fake bacon (sorry, that's what my sister's old housemates called it) or similar stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    For those of you that eat meat, do you think you'll ever become vegetarian? What puts you off doing so?

And for vegetarians, the same questions, but for veganism? :holmes:
    I’m vegan. All my life I’ve been vegetarian and recently became Vegan for weight loss reasons. I seem to be alright with being vegan at the moment
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm selfish and I enjoy meat, dairy and eggs too much 2 give 'em up. Food's everything tbh. Yes, I'm a sad, sad individual.

ReputationRep:
    im allergic to eggs so transition from vegetarian to vegan was easy, cant imagine its easy for those who aren;t allergic to it though

ReputationRep:
    I've been one for 5+ years now. Things I noticed were

1) Spots/acne disappear within about a month
    2) You very, rarely get constipation/digestion problems
    3) If you accidentally eat anything with animal products you know about it the next day since you become sick (although this probably happens if you eat anything you don't usually)

and the most notable one

For some reason it absolutely infuriates certain people. e.g. if I refuse food since it's got milk in it and they ask why, they'll start a 20 minute long debate about how it's unhealthy or even bad for animals.

The thing which makes it even more ridiculous is that the people who generally get most irritated by it are normally unhealthy/overweight, and I'm 6'6" and physically fit.

ReputationRep:
    Vegetarian already because I have self control unlike all you meat eating scum 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    DO ITTTT!!
    I’ll try tbh I loved being vegan black when I didn’t have to cook my own food ( my sister used to be vegan and cooked the food now when left)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lurker25986224)
    I've been one for 5+ years now. Things I noticed were

1) Spots/acne disappear within about a month
    2) You very, rarely get constipation/digestion problems
    3) If you accidentally eat anything with animal products you know about it the next day since you become sick (although this probably happens if you eat anything you don't usually)

and the most notable one

For some reason it absolutely infuriates certain people. e.g. if I refuse food since it's got milk in it and they ask why, they'll start a 20 minute long debate about how it's unhealthy or even bad for animals.

The thing which makes it even more ridiculous is that the people who generally get most irritated by it are normally unhealthy/overweight, and I'm 6'6" and physically fit.
    At least you're tall! I'm only 5'5" and have to deal with people blaming my calcium intake
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    My diet is pretty restricted as it is due to almost lifelong picky eating, and a lot of the main meals I do eat are based on meat. If I tried to go vegetarian I would lose at least half of my current already limited diet and wouldn't be able to replace it. Vegan and I'd be left with almost nothing but roast potatoes and chips.

So no, definitely not, because I'd probably starve or end up malnourished.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're tall! I'm only 5'5" and have to deal with people blaming my calcium intake
    Pretty sure it's all down to genetics as long as you aren't eating complete crap each day.

You're not really short though

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 16
Size:  68.1 KB

If you're a male you've still got time to grow aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I have too many food allergies. It's already annoying having to find things I can eat without the added pressure of having to avoid animal products. I could probably avoid the obvious stuff if I wanted to, but I would get fed up of looking for the "hidden" stuff
    Same! I have a severe tree nut allergy and I am lactose intolerant. Already avoiding so much

ReputationRep:
    An emphatic no to both of those.

Never.

ReputationRep:
    I was a vegetarian for 4 months after having a really disturbing animal dream that put me off meat. I accidentally broke it and towards the end found myself craving meat more especially when I was surrounded by people who would eat it. I'd forgotten about the dream and was not motivated enough. I'm considering going back now though because I DO care about animals and I do wanna contribute to helping them in someway which would be my motivation this time round. I think I'm going start by only being a vegetarian during the weekdays though.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go vegan (for health reasons) but I find it hard to eat enough calories on a high carb vegan diet (4000ish) due to medication I take which just kills my appetite.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.