Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever become vegetarian/vegan? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, as I enjoy the taste of some meat too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lurker25986224)
    Pretty sure it's all down to genetics as long as you aren't eating complete crap each day.

You're not really short though

Attachment 702568

If you're a male you've still got time to grow aswell
    Haha, cheered me up. I drink a lot of almond milk and eat a LOT of greens, so calcium definitely isn't an issue... oh well.

ReputationRep:
    In the last 2 years i've been experimenting with vegetarianism, at first i stopped all meat, and i was able to do this for 8 months which is surprising considering i come from an African household, but then i realised that i wasn't doing it in a healthy way, i wasn't substituting my lack of meat with other protein options. So then i decided to become a pescatarian and i did that for 10 months or so and now i've started to reintroduce chicken into my diet( but only once a week or two). I personally wish i was vegan ,but it's very difficult because i live at home and the rest of my family are meat-lovers and it is hard to find substitutes (vegan meals) at home.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I'll go vegetarian/vegan tbh. Mainly because I'm worried about if it would make it harder to control my diabetes t1, plus I like bacon, a lot...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I could never become vegan ever, at least from reading the information online... It seems like a lot work and honestly pointless in a lot of ways...Now on the other hand, I have thought about becoming a vegetarian after my science lesson (about the eco-system etc lol) and I decided to lower the amount of fish/meat I eat, but I could never completely give up eating them even if I do love animals...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    For those of you that eat meat, do you think you'll ever become vegetarian? What puts you off doing so?

And for vegetarians, the same questions, but for veganism? :holmes:
    Vegan. Overnight. Easiest thing I've ever done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KawaiiArtist)
    I could never become vegan ever, at least from reading the information online... It seems like a lot work and honestly pointless in a lot of ways...Now on the other hand, I have thought about becoming a vegetarian after my science lesson (about the eco-system etc lol) and I decided to lower the amount of fish/meat I eat, but I could never completely give up eating them even if I do love animals...
    In what ways is it 'pointless'?

ReputationRep:
    A couple of years ago I did try being vegetarian because I thought a diet change would be interesting. My mum is master of the kitchen and she didn't want to cook two meals and she also didn't want to buy two sets of ingredients so I could make something myself. She usually just put aside some food for me before she put the meat in. She said I had to eat fish for protein, so I was pescatarian for a year and became vegetarian for another year (after she got used to it).
    It wasn't too bad, but a bit of a pain to find things to eat sometimes. I was quite strict with myself so if something had animal gelatin in, I wouldn't eat it. While I was vegetarian, I went on holiday to Disneyland Florida and there was hardly anything nice to eat (the Disney parks didn't even have chips, only crisps, and sold these massive turkey legs that you'd see people walking around with).
    I'm a meat eater now (only chicken and lamb), because I didn't have any real reason to try being vegetarian, I was just experimenting. I don't see anything wrong with eating animals or dairy. Maybe one day I'll turn vegetarian again, but probably not vegan.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance; I'm too much of a fussy eater. If i went vegetarian I'd die within a month.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Vegetarianism was easy for me and I don't think I'll ever look back. I'm wanting to go vegan, but I have health issues which make cooking more of a challenge a lot of the time and vegan convenience food is harder to come by. I'm fine avoiding out right animal products like milk and eggs, but when they're hidden in veggie foods it's difficult. I do eat a mainly vegan diet though and it's made me feel better in so many ways

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.