Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 11 and I'm thinking for these a level choices to then go on to do a business degree.

Business Studies
    ICT
    Product design

When I asked the teacher they said it's a "Golden triangle" what do you think?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeclanGCSEs)
    I'm currently in year 11 and I'm thinking for these a level choices to then go on to do a business degree.

Business Studies
    ICT
    Product design

Yep, they all fit with business so they work fine.

I wouldn’t go as far as to call them a perfect combination, and as you may or may not know there’s a list of subjects that Russel group universities do prefer (Maths, Chem, Bio, Physics, English Lit, History, Geog, Languages) and you can hardly go wrong by taking one of those.

But, ultimately grades are what matter. If you can get the grades you need in the subjects you’ve chosen they’re completely fine. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you I would never be able to get a,s

ReputationRep:

Business Studies
    ICT
    Product design

instead of Product design, i think you should do A level mathematics, since it essential for every university degree.

ReputationRep:
    It's not...??

ReputationRep:
    I’d look at University websites with the course you want to do & check their requirements

ReputationRep:
    Some say like physics and other subjects like that others just say like BBC or ABB

ReputationRep:

Business Studies
    ICT
    Product design

Consider the facilitating subjects (Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, History, Languages and English literature) as they're highly recognised by uni's as the best subjects to have. Most Russell group uni's ask for at least one of these depending on the course, and the best will ask for 2 and maybe even 3 which shouldn't be the case with a business degree. Do the most research you can for a range of degrees and check the entry requirements, not just the grades but the subjects they accept them in. The more facilitating subjects you have opens up many more doors if you think you might change your mind in a year's time, but if you're sure you want to do business at the unis you think are best for you and allow your subject choices then go for it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.