Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

So for my project I'm required to do a focus group.

I was wondering what you guys think of petite clothing/the petite section in stores?

Is there anything specific that you wish brands could do or any item you wish they sold in a petite size?

Could you see a brand like Zara for instance do a petite range? Otherwise, would you like to see them launch a petite range?

Also, please mention your age and height!

I'm 4'11 (150cm) so finding clothes that fit is such a struggle, even when there's a petite section, it just feels like there isn't enough or doesn't even fit properly!

ReputationRep:
    I am 5 ft 1 in my twenties, and I don't normally shop on the high street because clothes don't tend to fit me. I find it hard to find trousers. The petite section is normally quite limited in France and style, and doesn't fit me still.

I have turned to alternatives like YesStyle where the sizing is better and the price is cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I am 5 ft 1 in my twenties, and I don't normally shop on the high street because clothes don't tend to fit me. I find it hard to find trousers. The petite section is normally quite limited in France and style, and doesn't fit me still.

I have turned to alternatives like YesStyle where the sizing is better and the price is cheaper.
    Is it because of the length, or generally the fit?

What brands do you wish did petite sizing?

ReputationRep:
    For trousers and skirt, both length and fit. In terms of dresses, more fit (I don't seem to have the build of a normal girl!).

Before, I used to shop at Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, H and M and New Look. They do have petite ranges, but I feel it could be improved (selection and style). I wish Zara did a well stocked petite range too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.