Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to study whilst depressed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to study especially when its something that is not due in the next few hours. I will only focus and put pressure on myself if the piece of work is due the next morning otherwise I find it hard to concentrate. All I wanna do is just get back into bed so what can I do to fix this?

Please don't say get help for the Depression because been there, done that and obviously its not going away any time soon.

I just need study tips for the depressed.

ReputationRep:
    You need to walk to jog to run

Same way

You need to be undepressed to study to revise

Or something like that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've been in that situation as well, I know how hard it is to work when you just can't focus on anything

What helped me was making a study plan. It wasn't very detailed, but it was enough to get me back on track with studying and getting work completed. I organised it by putting the subjects/tasks in order of priority, then giving myself a few tasks to complete each day (there were no specific times to stick to, as long as I got them done at some point during the day).

I personally found it really difficult to concentrate for long periods when I was trying to study with depression, so I would take frequent breaks and do something that I enjoyed to give myself something to look forward to between study sessions (in my case, listening to music) :yes:

I also found some some of the tips in this article useful, so I think it would be worth having a look at when you have time.

Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any idea whats causing your depression? For me it was picking the wrong course and studying something that I hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayyy2)
    Do you have any idea whats causing your depression? For me it was picking the wrong course and studying something that I hate
    I've had it for years and its always been a different thing so I'd say the cause was biological. Although this time round I think the focus is just being really lonely. I've purposely pushed people away to avoid hurting myself but now I just feel empty and depressed.

I ended up finding away to study though, the pomodora method worked

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.