The Student Room Group

Stuck on this FP2 question - please help!!

Been trying to solve this, it looks like it should be such an easy question but I'm just getting nowhere with it. I've differentiated the given equation twice, but my working doesn't give the answer I should end up with... please help!
Reply 1
Double check your second line where you need to look at:

- The application of the product rule of the LHS,
What is d[(x+1)]/dx d[ (x+1) ] / dx ?

- Differentiation of "3y" with respect to x on the RHS.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
How did you get on?
Reply 3
Original post by simon0
How did you get on?

Thank you so much! Can't believe I didn't realise that mistake... I've been working through the paper and come across another question I'm stuck on, if you have the time I would really appreciate your help. I've done part a, but apart from starting with some kind of integrating factor I have no idea what to do for part b. How do I need to rearrange it?
Original post by Hanako13
Thank you so much! Can't believe I didn't realise that mistake... I've been working through the paper and come across another question I'm stuck on, if you have the time I would really appreciate your help. I've done part a, but apart from starting with some kind of integrating factor I have no idea what to do for part b. How do I need to rearrange it?

Divide both sides by each other (excluding the dv/dx), then mult both sides by dx, then you simply have the case with V's on the LHS and with X's on the RHS. Simple integration follows for both.
Reply 5
Original post by RDKGames
Divide both sides by each other (excluding the dv/dx), then mult both sides by dx, then you simply have the case with V's on the LHS and with X's on the RHS. Simple integration follows for both.

Ah okay, I think I've got it! Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest