Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently trying to collect primary and secondary research for my EPQ on the topic of the 2011 NATO led intervention of Libya.
    What I want to ask is several questions, if you would be able to reply that would be the most helpful thing ever! Thank you so much (if you would be able to say your age range in the comment too that would be great!)

1. Are you aware of the NATO intervention of Libya in 2011?
    2. If you said yes; what is your understanding of the intervention?
    3. If you said no; have you heard of the name Muammar Gadhaffi? If so, what is your knowledge of him as a leader?
    4. What do you, consider to be the definition of 'justified'?

5. If you know of the NATO intervention, do you believe that the intervention was justified?

Thank you so much, if you know of any sources that would be good to contact, that would also be muchly appreicated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ell.Lake)
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently trying to collect primary and secondary research for my EPQ on the topic of the 2011 NATO led intervention of Libya.
    What I want to ask is several questions, if you would be able to reply that would be the most helpful thing ever! Thank you so much (if you would be able to say your age range in the comment too that would be great!)

1. Are you aware of the NATO intervention of Libya in 2011?
    2. If you said yes; what is your understanding of the intervention?
    3. If you said no; have you heard of the name Muammar Gadhaffi? If so, what is your knowledge of him as a leader?
    4. What do you, consider to be the definition of 'justified'?

5. If you know of the NATO intervention, do you believe that the intervention was justified?

Thank you so much, if you know of any sources that would be good to contact, that would also be muchly appreicated!!
    Yes.

Gadaffi wanted to introduce an african gold backed currency and that really annoyed the US because it would chip away at their racket of forcing other countries (especially middle eastern) to hold huge reserves of US$. This is the way that the US manages to control the countries around the world - by forcing all of the national banks to hold a huge percentage of their reserves in US$, meaning that if the US goes down - all the countries (with reserves in US$) in the world are going down with it. Protection through Mutually Assured Destruction.
    More sinisterly, it also meant that the US had the power to hurt itself and cause other countries to suffer. There's a saying: The US sneezes, and the whole world catches a cold. It's basically that but a hundred times over.
    Gadaffi's plan of wanting to move african and middle eastern countries on to a gold-backed currency, meant that people who wanted to buy oil from the mdidle east/africa would have to hold onto less US$, and more of this new gold-backed currency.
    This would effectively mean that the US would lose its power and come crashing down while the middle east and africa survives.
    As a show of force and to stop any country from even daring to think to even try and do the same the came down hard on Gadaffi under whatever excuse they could think of - not even bothering to get the CIA to find imaginary WMDs or anything. And just like that, they turned the richest democracy in Africa into an ISIS haven.

I would consider justified to mean that the action would serve the interests of the citizens of the NATO member states, and this clearly doesn't do so. Gadaffi said in his own words that Libya acted as a buffer to stop the refugees coming into Europe. His death sparked the European refugee crisis. I also feel that in the long run, moving off of the devil that is fiat currency is a good thing.

Spoiler:
    Show

not the response you was expecting?

ReputationRep:
    This is brilliant thank you so much, you are muchly appreciated!!!!! (my EPQ thanks you!)

(Original post by StayWoke)
    Yes.

Gadaffi wanted to introduce an african gold backed currency and that really annoyed the US because it would chip away at their racket of forcing other countries (especially middle eastern) to hold huge reserves of US$. This is the way that the US manages to control the countries around the world - by forcing all of the national banks to hold a huge percentage of their reserves in US$, meaning that if the US goes down - all the countries (with reserves in US$) in the world are going down with it. Protection through Mutually Assured Destruction.
    More sinisterly, it also meant that the US had the power to hurt itself and cause other countries to suffer. There's a saying: The US sneezes, and the whole world catches a cold. It's basically that but a hundred times over.
    Gadaffi's plan of wanting to move african and middle eastern countries on to a gold-backed currency, meant that people who wanted to buy oil from the mdidle east/africa would have to hold onto less US$, and more of this new gold-backed currency.
    This would effectively mean that the US would lose its power and come crashing down while the middle east and africa survives.
    As a show of force and to stop any country from even daring to think to even try and do the same the came down hard on Gadaffi under whatever excuse they could think of - not even bothering to get the CIA to find imaginary WMDs or anything. And just like that, they turned the richest democracy in Africa into an ISIS haven.

I would consider justified to mean that the action would serve the interests of the citizens of the NATO member states, and this clearly doesn't do so. Gadaffi said in his own words that Libya acted as a buffer to stop the refugees coming into Europe. His death sparked the European refugee crisis. I also feel that in the long run, moving off of the devil that is fiat currency is a good thing.

Spoiler:
    Show

not the response you was expecting?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.