Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Had a great day AMA Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Fixed it for you :teehee:
    Lol, it still keeps happening man. Today I met an indian girl and she thought I was also indian😂😂

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
      Yeah I got a Socttish accent too:laugh: Hmm I'm not too good with geography but I think Aberdeen is in the North-East of Scotland. My home where my family is, that's in Glasgow though How about you, where do you live?
      Haha its actually decent ngl :lol: Like my accent isnt post at all , its way too northern haha! Ahhh I see. I did mean Glasgow yeah and I live in..
      Spoiler:
      Show

Check the P rep

ReputationRep:
      Lol, it still keeps happening man. Today I met an indian girl and she thought I was also indian😂😂
      Did she come up and start speaking Hindi to you? 😂
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
      Did she come up and start speaking Hindi to you? 😂
      Haha nah😂 I think she was kind of unsure if I was indian or not, hence why she later on remarked it during the conversation. But when I told her I'm Romanian she was like oh I thought you were North Indian, she then told me she was South Indian... I had no idea what difference that made but I said ah that's cool😂😂😂
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Haha its actually decent ngl :lol: Like my accent isnt post at all , its way too northern haha! Ahhh I see. I did mean Glasgow yeah and I live in..
      Spoiler:
      Show

Check the P rep

Tbh I wished I had an American accent, they sound cool imo:laugh:

ReputationRep:
      Haha nah😂 I think she was kind of unsure if I was indian or not, hence why she later on remarked it during the conversation. But when I told her I'm Romanian she was like oh I thought you were North Indian, she then told me she was South Indian... I had no idea what difference that made but I said ah that's cool😂😂😂
      I’m not too sure myself but I’m guessing it must be similar to what we have in the UK with the north/south divide.

ReputationRep:
      It must be interesting that you are Romanian, but look Indian!
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 408655)
      It must be interesting that you are Romanian, but look Indian!
      Yeah it sure is, quite amusing tbh haha. Maybe I look ethnically ambigous. Because some people think I look Indian, others think I look Pakistani, then some think I look Arab, sometimes I get Greek (which makes the most sense, my dad's side of the family is Greek😂), then ocasionally Spanish or Italian. Usually if the person is one of those ethnicities they assume I am the same as them lol

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, I'm enjoying it a lot. I find the social part of it awesome, and I really feel as if I can get support whenever I need it which is great. The library is so damn cool (I sound like such a nerd, but it actually looks so modern and abstract lol). Now the academic aspect of it, I like that too, it goes in great depth about everything. Only slight "problem" is the workload. I barely have time to breath, I got over 30 hours of classes a week on some weeks (others are shorter and around 24 hours). This includes lectures, tutorials, workshops and labs. It's definitely good for learning and developing your knowledge, but it can be very stressful as I got so many things to do at the same time, and I'm aiming for a first class so I can't afford to slack off and fall behind. I also take part in a lot of extra/co-curricular activities and awards. That can also take 4/6 hours of my free time, which I don't feel I got much of but maybe that's because I like to push myself really hard.
      Are you a first year?... you sound overly busy for a first year, or maybe it's just me.

And I've seen your library before!... well on the internet when I was so decided on applying to Aberdeen, but then eventually decided against it because, I found that location wise, it wasn't very ideal for me.
      I genuinely think your library deserves a recognition award for it's beauty, I really like yours. The one at my university looks like a depressing mental health hospital for demented people :erm: creeps me out

I don't want to fall behind with my workload too. But I don't go to any societies either. Which ones do you go to?

ReputationRep:
      Yeah it sure is, quite amusing tbh haha. Maybe I look ethnically ambigous. Because some people think I look Indian, others think I look Pakistani, then some think I look Arab, sometimes I get Greek (which makes the most sense, my dad's side of the family is Greek😂), then ocasionally Spanish or Italian. Usually if the person is one of those ethnicities they assume I am the same as them lol
      Wow! what a mix you look like

I have dark hair and very light brown skin, I don't think I'm as varied as you lol. Mostly I get turkish, kurdish, iraqi, pakistani or indian - None of which are even correct haha
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Are you a first year?... you sound overly busy for a first year, or maybe it's just me.

And I've seen your library before!... well on the internet when I was so decided on applying to Aberdeen, but then eventually decided against it because, I found that location wise, it wasn't very ideal for me.
      I genuinely think your library deserves a recognition award for it's beauty, I really like yours. The one at my university looks like a depressing mental health hospital for demented people :erm: creeps me out

I don't want to fall behind with my workload too. But I don't go to any societies either. Which ones do you go to?
      Yeah I am a first year. Maybe it's because I've never done electronics or CAD before uni so I had to work harder those months to get good at those 2 subjects😂 But besides that I geniunely think the workload is massive. Besides labs, workshops, reports and tutorials there's also a lot of lectures. Then when I get home I feel so tired but I have to keep studying, submit asignments, etc. It's tough because there's only 24 hours in a day...I only get to sleep for like 3/4 hours my problem is I am a perfectionist. I like getting A1 in everything:laugh: And fair enough I think the loaction is pushing a lot of people away, it's definetly not for everyone, very grey lol. But the uni itself is awesome. I don't go to societies either, I don't have time for them otherwise I would. Luckily, I made a lot of friends though in my courses and lectures. What uni do you go to?
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Wow! what a mix you look like

I have dark hair and very light brown skin, I don't think I'm as varied as you lol. Mostly I get turkish, kurdish, iraqi, pakistani or indian - None of which are even correct haha
      Haha, so where are you actually from? Can relate to the last part so much, no one ever guesses my ethnicity correctly😂😂

ReputationRep:
      Blonde, blue eyes
      Oh. that's your type is it.

ReputationRep:

And I've seen your library before!... well on the internet
      😂😄

ReputationRep:
      Yeah I am a first year. Maybe it's because I've never done electronics or CAD before uni so I had to work harder those months to get good at those 2 subjects😂 But besides that I geniunely think the workload is massive. Besides labs, workshops, reports and tutorials there's also a lot of lectures. Then when I get home I feel so tired but I have to keep studying, submit asignments, etc. It's tough because there's only 24 hours in a day...I only get to sleep for like 3/4 hours my problem is I am a perfectionist. I like getting A1 in everything:laugh: And fair enough I think the loaction is pushing a lot of people away, it's definetly not for everyone, very grey lol. But the uni itself is awesome. I don't go to societies either, I don't have time for them otherwise I would. Luckily, I made a lot of friends though in my courses and lectures. What uni do you go to?
      Wow, poor you You should definitely be getting more sleep lol, 3 or 4 is bad, especially if you want to keep functioning throughout the day. Do you not feel tired?

I go to Sussex university. I live in London, so I'm fairly close to home. But speaking of location, I don't know where I would like to go to uni to be honest, it confuses me so much?? I mean I don't really like being in brighton, but I don't know where I would be really happy, if you get what I mean.
      I like London, but I like Scotland too... I'm so indecisive, I just want to go everywhere and get a taste of everything... maybe then I can eventually make up mind.
      So for example, Glasgow uni was my firm choice, but I ended up here, and in my head I think what it would have been like if I was there at Glasgow.

Haha, so where are you actually from? Can relate to the last part so much, no one ever guesses my ethnicity correctly😂😂
      Well I don't want to reveal a lot of my identity on this public forum I don't mind telling you of course, just it will be here forever, and I'm mixed, makes it so much easier for me to be identified with my mix, but the ethnicity I associate most with is Italian.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Salt Queen)
      😂😄
      Haha
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Salt Queen)
      Oh. that's your type is it.

Photo ain't working. But generally blondes with blue eyes are my type. Although I do find girls in every ethnicity that are beautiful
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Wow, poor you You should definitely be getting more sleep lol, 3 or 4 is bad, especially if you want to keep functioning throughout the day. Do you not feel tired?

I go to Sussex university. I live in London, so I'm fairly close to home. But speaking of location, I don't know where I would like to go to uni to be honest, it confuses me so much?? I mean I don't really like being in brighton, but I don't know where I would be really happy, if you get what I mean.
      I like London, but I like Scotland too... I'm so indecisive, I just want to go everywhere and get a taste of everything... maybe then I can eventually make up mind.
      So for example, Glasgow uni was my firm choice, but I ended up here, and in my head I think what it would have been like if I was there at Glasgow.

Well I don't want to reveal a lot of my identity on this public forum I don't mind telling you of course, just it will be here forever, and I'm mixed, makes it so much easier for me to be identified with my mix, but the ethnicity I associate most with is Italian.
      I feel absolutely exhausted. I struggle to function properly but I have to! I often find myself taking 15 minutes power naps throughout the day, because otherwise I would be brain dead with so little sleep. Ah that's cool. I had a Glasgow offer aswell. One of my friends goes to Glasgow and he hates it. He says the uni is not very supportive to him apparently, due to the large amount of students that go there. & Don't worry about it, I completely get you

ReputationRep:
      Photo ain't working. But generally blondes with blue eyes are my type. Although I do find girls in every ethnicity that are beautiful
      Click this https://i.giphy.com/media/11WCtRbwLOjjeE/giphy.webp that's the photo. It's my expression.

ReputationRep:
      Haha
      loool

ew. imagine two people actually blushing at each other. 😄

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.