The Student Room Group

Entry Requirement for Computer Science BSc in UK

Scroll to see replies

I'm sorry, but you really should go and read the specific pages like I said. Computer science is a logical subject, asking a question you have already been told the answer to multiple times is hardly rational. I'm not being harsh, I'm being truthful. If you haven't already done so, here is one of Edinburgh's course pages for Computer Science: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees/index.php?action=programme&code=G400 - you should easily be able to find the entry requirements here.
Original post by stoyfan
If you don't mind me asking:

What made you to choose this course over an electronics only course.

What grades did you get at A level?

Thanks

AAA

I originally wanted to do straight CS (rather than electronics only) but I did some reading on the ECS course here and it seemed different/varied, so I chose it.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Really Appreciate your feedback. God Bless. I was just worried that my combination of subjects won't get me an admission, that's why I asked soo many questions. I was really curious, sorry if that bothered any of you. Now I'm satisfied that my 3 subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Business studies) are acceptable.
Thank you really much
God Bless
Original post by Aghst9946
Really Appreciate your feedback. God Bless. I was just worried that my combination of subjects won't get me an admission, that's why I asked soo many questions. I was really curious, sorry if that bothered any of you. Now I'm satisfied that my 3 subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Business studies) are acceptable.
Thank you really much
God Bless

You're welcome.

Best of luck with your university application :smile:
Reply 24
I'm 17 years old and I have just started my grade 11 (AS LEVEL). I need to select my subjects and these 3(Math, physics, business studies) are the ones I'm opting for, that why I wanted to know if this can get me into Computer Science BSc courses in the UK. Are you certain? Because it's a crucial and important decision
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm 17 years old and I have just started my grade 11 (AS LEVEL). I need to select my subjects and these 3(Math, physics, business studies) are the ones I'm opting for, that why I wanted to know if this can get me into Computer Science BSc courses in the UK. Are you certain? Because it's a crucial and important decision

I thought you already have your A-Levels?

Anyway.

Doing AS-Levels in them only won't be enough. You need to complete the second year too, meaning you leave with A-Levels. However, the subject combination is ABSOLUTELY FINE
Simple comprehension really is an issue here :colonhash:
Original post by Synchronous
Simple comprehension really is an issue here :colonhash:

the kid might have autism mate. or he is just a troll
Reply 28
Original post by Blue_Cow
I thought you already have your A-Levels?

Anyway.

Doing AS-Levels in them only won't be enough. You need to complete the second year too, meaning you leave with A-Levels. However, the subject combination is ABSOLUTELY FINE

Which A LEVELS did you do?
Which A LEVELS did you do?

Biology, Computer Science and Maths.
Reply 30
What are the grades you need in each subject to get offers

Do you need written confirmation from the queen that your subjects are fine?
This thread needs to be locked.
What are the grades you need in each subject to get offers

I believe I've answered that already, for the University of Edinburgh anyway, but I'll type it again:

AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending