Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

With PT courses now being taken over by apprenticeships, what should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So for the last 3 years I have been doing my HNC/HND business management part time, as I have a full time job as an accounts assistant. The plan was to apply for the accounts and finance Bsc hons (top up) course part time next year, once I had completed my HND in May.

However part time is now no longer available for the top up courses and the new apprenticeship scheme has been put in place. The full time option is 3 and a half days a week which I could not swing with work or financially for that matter.

The new apprenticeship scheme currently offers no accounts or finance and im now worried I’m not going to be able to obtain my degree.

Ive just recently been offered a job at PWC as credit collection & hoped to go into their graduate programme in forensic and assurance when I graduated, where I would then be put through my ACCA and get hands on experience in forensics. After I plan to do my masters in forensic accounting. But currently I have no way of moving forward.

There is no PT options available and an apprenticeship is not available for my chosen subject. As my course subjects would suggest I want to work as a forensic accountant, does anyone know or any other way around this? I’ve looked at other local unis with no luck. (Live in Hampshire area)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.