Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm currently on my study abroad year in the USA, and have received a travel grant for my first return flight (from UK to USA). I was looking to book my flight back to the USA for after Christmas, however I am unsure of my return date (April/May time), and so I am unable to book a return flight.

I see the travel grant is valid for up to 3 return flights, however I was wondering if I would be able to claim for two single flights instead, i.e. a single flight from UK to USA after Christmas, and another single from USA to UK after I have finished my studies.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this is possible?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by JacobWR)
    Hi there,

I'm currently on my study abroad year in the USA, and have received a travel grant for my first return flight (from UK to USA). I was looking to book my flight back to the USA for after Christmas, however I am unsure of my return date (April/May time), and so I am unable to book a return flight.

I see the travel grant is valid for up to 3 return flights, however I was wondering if I would be able to claim for two single flights instead, i.e. a single flight from UK to USA after Christmas, and another single from USA to UK after I have finished my studies.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this is possible?

Thanks
    Hi JacobWR

Students must be studying overseas for at least 50% of each academic quarter (term) in which they wish to claim, to be eligible to receive the grant for up to 3 return journeys.

As it is return journeys that you are eigible for and you are looking to purchasing single journeys, then you would need to request this in writing with a cover letter /customer reference number, explaining the reason.

If you wish to purchase an Economy Flex fare (not Plus) due to not knowing your return dates , you need to request this before claiming for consideration.

Regards Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.