Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey
    bit of background knowledge female 16 years old 5 foot (yes I know I'm ******* short so don't comment)
    I recently went to my GP for a couple problems one being I had a water infections (had it for 2 weeks got antibiotics now fine ) and another being stomach aches/pains
    a year or so i was told I had possibly irritable bowel syndrome and its all having a balanced diet.... there's not much to do.
    and i'm fine with it...
    I've always been pretty good with food as in I eat everything veg fish fruit carbs anything but the thing is i cant eat normal portions, I'll just end up feeling horribly sick and I'll just vomit its always been like that since i was a kid its nothing phycological i dont have any trouble.so when i went to see the docter was like ur 10 kg off ur bmi and i told her i have trouble eating full meals in one go....now she kinda thinks i have some sort of eating promblem which i dont.....now i dont know if
    she's trying to scare me or not but she said its REALLY BAD for me?
    is it really....
    and if so what should i do
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you can't eat full meals, just eat 6 small meals throughout the day. I can't eat too much at once either.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    If you can't eat full meals, just eat 6 small meals throughout the day. I can't eat too much at once either.
    thanks i do that nomally i tried telling the doc that but she wouldnt believe me lol
    said "its a phase...young ppl trying to be skinny"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks i do that nomally i tried telling the doc that but she wouldnt believe me lol
    said "its a phase...young ppl trying to be skinny"
    If you are vomiting non-deliberately on a regular basis you should probably get things checked out just to make sure you're okay and don't have a sensitivity/ allergy or any other issues (if it were deliberately it'd be a different direction of help you need).
    It is quite common for teens to get some level of eating issues so I can see why they think it. Might help if you could bring a parent along just to confirm that it's a long term thing for you.

Otherwise try IBS tips like not eating foods that are too hot, eating little and often, using peppermint tablets/ sweets/ tea if you get pains, taking a food diary to help you notice and avoid problem foods etc.
    I had difficulties eating much when I was younger, but did grow out of it and now I can eat proper portions.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Might be worth asking for a gastric emptying scan. :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.