Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was originally going to go to University and study criminology and then complete the GDL Law Conversion Course in order for me to get on track to become a solicitor. I didn’t want to do just Law at Uni as apparently it is very dull and boring. I can across joint Law with Criminology LLB which seemed perfect ! If anyone has done/is doing this degree do you enjoy it? Is it as dull as just plain law? Preferably advice from Uni of Lincoln and Uni of Manchester students would be great and these are where I want to go.
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Blonde_girl_)
    Hi,
    I was originally going to go to University and study criminology and then complete the GDL Law Conversion Course in order for me to get on track to become a solicitor. I didn’t want to do just Law at Uni as apparently it is very dull and boring. I can across joint Law with Criminology LLB which seemed perfect ! If anyone has done/is doing this degree do you enjoy it? Is it as dull as just plain law? Preferably advice from Uni of Lincoln and Uni of Manchester students would be great and these are where I want to go.
    Thanks
    If you find law boring , then why on earth would you want top become a solicitor? All sounds crazy.

Law with criminology will offer you a law degree with some of the options being taken up with criminology. Other law students will use them to choose options that interest them. Still a law degree though, just look at the course structure.

ReputationRep:
    Some areas of law will bore you, it is true. With a straight law degree, you will have the flexibility to avoid them somewhat. Say you don't enjoy family, you can study the law of the moon or whatever instead.

However, if your vulnerability is criminal law ... you are going to be in something of a pickle. Now you might say "but I live for it!" with tears of joy cascading down your face. Until you have studied it at degree level, you won't know how enjoyable it is. For me, I applied for an LLB solely for criminal and I ended up hating all aspects of public law.

I was not even a naive applicant; I read a lot. And I was wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.