Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Made a fool of myself and can't get over the embarrassment Watch

Announcements

A week ago I got drunk and saw my ex in the same club as me with our mutual friends (mainly his) and his friends all said hi to me and everything but i got a bit carried away and kept trying to see him and speak to him - (he has said he is no longer interested in me and after 3 months together i suddenly bore him) . I looked extremely desperate and also quite annoying, i kept tagging along with his friends and at one point they tried to ditch me and my friend because we kept following them around the club. to add to this my ex treated me poorly and i don't actually want to get back with him , he's a typical player as are his friends, but in that moment i was drunk and bored . i asked his friend where he was and got people to ask for me.......... urgh typing this makes me feel pathetic i can't believe i'm 18 and so stupid, i feel like everyone's opinion of me will be an absolute loser who doesn't get the message- he's not into me. at one point someone said to my friend that he's not interested in her at all, and i STILL kept trying to see him :/

In reality i have someone else now and don't particularly like him or his friends anymore i was just idk looking for excitement that night.

i cant stop thinking about how annoying and sad i must've looked. i don't and probably won't see him or his friends again but just knowing they have tainted opinions of me make sure me
    wanna vomit. i have anxiety so i cant just forget this and move on. i'm that annoying girl who tags along and chases after guys

Chasing after boys and looking for excitement is not what is seen as attractive for a man when looking for a woman, you will most likely only attract boys who are below par. How about, not looking for anyone, focusing on studying, get a degree, stop going out clubbing frequently and then possibly, your outlook will change and you will find a better man whom you will have a committed and successful relationship with.

Embarrassment is good, it keeps you in check with social norms. See this as a lesson to not do something like that again, and to learn from your mistakes. Embarrassment is a horrible feeling, but like I said, it really helps keep you grounded and in check and is a normal feeling for normal humans! I think I read somewhere that sociopaths and psychopaths do not feel embarrassment and its a sign of a healthy mind if you are to feel embarrassed.

Honestly though, if you situate yourself in clubs, bars etc you will not find anyone worth more than a half year relationship with, I really do stress on not going out and getting drunk, as most people who are good and wholesome in nature tend to not be attracted towards that lifestyle. I don't know, you will do what you want at the end of the day of course, but that is some good advice I think, that you may want to take.

bump

ReputationRep:
    Everyone embarrasses themselves at some point. If you really aren't interested, then move on and don't go near he or his friends again. It sounds like he may just want to sleep around anyway. If you're with someone else, then what you did was a bit disrespectful to your current boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a right **** tbh, you fancy this other lad instead of the new boyfriend, and are trying to garner validation via a sorry display of self-pity on a forum.

Par for the course for The Student Room in truth, top job!

(Original post by YaliaV)
    Everyone embarrasses themselves at some point. If you really aren't interested, then move on and don't go near he or his friends again. It sounds like he may just want to sleep around anyway. If you're with someone else, then what you did was a bit disrespectful to your current boyfriend.
    i'm just speaking to someone else...don't have a boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    Act like the best version of yourself. We all want validation or closure when someone dumps us. Its only natural to want to prove something to that person. If you keep acting needy and pathetic, that will be all they remember. If they see you confident and living your best life with your guy or any guy or NO guy in fact, people are drawn to that and will totally forget one drunken silly night.

Bottom line you need to be more confident. Because even now when you are sober and try to be humble, you just come across as needy again x

I chased after my ex girlfriend after she dumped me. She didn't treat me badly during the relationship but later she told me she lied about why we broke up and I still chased after her(tbh i still am).It kind of makes me feel pathetic and worthless.

I doubt people will really care. If people talk about it just tell them you were drunk and bored like you said. It is hard to ignore people but try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm just speaking to someone else...don't have a boyfriend
    OK. The embarrassment will sting for a while, as will being dumped. Nobody copes very well with that, but it sounds like he's a bit of a tosspot anyway. Try to just move on and avoid them from now on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.