Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I won't be able to afford university please help :( Watch

Atm my household income is around 60k a year. But... my parents are paying debts and stuff so they won't be able to give me hardly anything, or nothing... My student finance estimate says that i will get £4,193 a year for maintenance... which is definitely not enough, now i'm stressing that i won't be able to go Lancaster which is my first choice. My only other chance of getting an extra 1k a year (which still won't be enough) would be loaning it from my grandparents. What should i do please help?! Please mention ppl who u think could help as well. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    what r u going to do at uni

JUust a note, that household income includes parents' overtime. Pretty much every single penny they earn a year.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Atm my household income is around 60k a year. But... my parents are paying debts and stuff so they won't be able to give me hardly anything, or nothing... My student finance estimate says that i will get £4,193 a year for maintenance... which is definitely not enough, now i'm stressing that i won't be able to go Lancaster which is my first choice. My only other chance of getting an extra 1k a year (which still won't be enough) would be loaning it from my grandparents. What should i do please help?! Please mention ppl who u think could help as well. Thanks in advance
    Moved to Student Financial Support.

You could work over the summer? Depending on the course, you could work part time during your studies too.

ReputationRep:
    If only there was some easy way for Student Finance to base maintenance loans on disposable income without it being super easy to cheat the system. Alas, this will probably never happen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.