Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree in a creative program that draws from various disciplines. An example is the Media Arts and Sciences program offered at the MIT Media Lab.

    Does the UK have any similar institutions or university departments similar to this?

    Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    Imperial College and the Royal College of Art jointly administer a programme in innovation design engineering and another one which is called global innovation or something. Bath (I think?) have an EngD in Digital Entertainment, and UCL have their VEIV EngD as well.

    All of these are a bit narrower in focus than MAS as they aren't departments, but rather research groups/DTCs. That said, there is a fair bit of variation in the projects current/former students have undertaken in those.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 25, 2017
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.