CDub02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm 15 and have already applied for a college I want to go to and have identified the courses I want to do, and I can meet the entry requirements by just passing my weak subject which is maths. But I'm nervous about going to the open evening as I feel like I don't 'belong' there in a way, like I shouldn't be aiming there because I'm not academically able enough. Is this just nerves or is my gut telling me that I should go for a lesser college?
itss_ana15
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can relate to you. You seem like someone who likes to plan everything and make sure it’s perfect which is a lot like me. I’m attending a sixth form which in the beginning seemed like it was out of my league, you need to remind your self that you belong there. Your grades show that, your attitude shows that, you would be an addition to their community. In a way it’s the nerves of thinking if your going to fit in but I promise everywhere you go you will feel like that. I say go for it, if your capable attending a great school than go, at the end of the day when you go off to university you’ll see how going to that sixth form impacted your grades. Better grades =better future.

Hope I was helpful
CDub02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by itss_ana15)
I can relate to you. You seem like someone who likes to plan everything and make sure it’s perfect which is a lot like me. I’m attending a sixth form which in the beginning seemed like it was out of my league, you need to remind your self that you belong there. Your grades show that, your attitude shows that, you would be an addition to their community. In a way it’s the nerves of thinking if your going to fit in but I promise everywhere you go you will feel like that. I say go for it, if your capable attending a great school than go, at the end of the day when you go off to university you’ll see how going to that sixth form impacted your grades. Better grades =better future.

Hope I was helpful
Thank you so much, I've just felt so pressured these last few weeks and I was increasingly worried about the open evening. I've decided to go and follow your advice, so again, thank you
itss_ana15
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CDub02)
Thank you so much, I've just felt so pressured these last few weeks and I was increasingly worried about the open evening. I've decided to go and follow your advice, so again, thank you
No worries. Whenever your free let me know how it went. Always happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills ā€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%