Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey any tips on how to improve writing eassays i dont know why put i just cant write and when i do a loose track and tend to waffle on a bit.and its really holding me back because i know the novels really well;Macbeth,lord of the flies and a christmas carol the themes the historical content but when it come to putting on paper whoooosh its gone
    any tips i'm desperate

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about breaking down your ideas ?? I had the same problem as you but in secondary, before I even wrote something I would come up with ideas. With Macbeth I created a word document and wrote the quotes that I would use on the left and then a small explanation about the quote and what it meant thinking about the alternatively ( which is where you start hitting the 5/6)

Comparison is a big game changer that’s between 6/7, comparing poems or books or quotes to one another shows that you can build an argument. My English teacher was amazing he would give us the previous years question and have us plan out what we would say than actually writing it out. We would plan for like 2-3 lessons than have it written up in 3-4 lessons. Have it checked by your teacher and ask what you did well and what you could of added to make it even better.

Hope this helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would say plan your main points before you write this will also ensure you have a solid introduction and conclusion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.