Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

“It’s OK to be white” posters - the reaction Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind me, i'm just a dumb ass 15 year old reading all these people sounding smart as **** and trying to understand but laughing to the point of tears. Im just imagining all these people rocking the stuffed turtleneck sweatshirt combo, accompanied with thin framed glasses, and walking around with these things up their nose on the way to the debating club
    Name:  Nerds.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  48.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Don't mind me, i'm just a dumb ass 15 year old reading all these people sounding smart as **** and trying to understand but laughing to the point of tears. Im just imagining all these people rocking the stuffed turtleneck sweatshirt combo, accompanied with thin framed glasses, and walking around with these things up their nose on the way to the debating club
    Name:  Nerds.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  48.0 KB
    That was funny as hell 👌👌👌 🤣😜😅😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airplanebee2)
    There was been an epidemic of posters being put up in the United States saying “It’s OK to be white”. This has resulted in a lot of negative press and many Tweets saying that it’s not OK to be white and hateful Tweets against white people. This has served very well to prove the point of the originators of the posters that many people hold negative sentiments against whites - also known as anti-white racism.

Anti-white racism is a logical impossibility to Guardian reading post-Marxist professors and all of the gullible people that they influence. You see postmodernism posited that all interpretations are equally valid and when coupled with Marxism, it basically says any route to Marxism is valid just so long as it gets to Marxism. Therefore Marxism failed so the next iteration is go for equality of outcomes for discernible groups and negation of biology and evolution which are inherently evil because they create inequalities. Intervention is needed to equalise these groups and were best off using concepts like “affirmative action” instead of racism! As an “oppressor” group whites cannot be good and as an “oppressed” group blacks are brilliant.

Ps. Under postmodernism all interpretations are equally valid except for people who disagree with us, who are Nazis and as you’re simply not good enough wordsmiths and philosophers to work you’re way through our blatant lie theory - you just need to suck it up. The poster of this piece is the only person in the U.K. who can work through our theory and he is evil!!!!

For anyone who still does not get it, here is a short film that sums it up:

What do you actually think Marxism is?

Like, what do you actually know about it, besides what Sargon of Akkad or other Sceptic(tm) youtube channels might've led you to wrongly believe?

I can tell you there has not been a single truly Marxist country in existence. No country has abolished money, the state, or any other capitalist class relation. The USSR and all "communist" countries were following the model of state capitalism/Stalinism, loosely. There are certainly no Marxist systems in place in the West today, and no "Marxist" would seriously read the centre-left Guardian. When The Sun or Daily Heil call Corbyn or McDonnell a Marxist, they're spreading the very misinformation that leads people to believe more funds for public services and state ownership of key industries is evil Soviet oppression. The current Lab leadership is Keynesian at best.

Race relations are not Marxism, they're race relations. Marxism isn't a thing that is "led to", like a goal or a system - Marxism is the movement, the struggle, against capitalist structures.

Here's your quick lesson for today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    Seeing so many triggered people over these simple posters with a simple, non-offensive statement "It's okay to be white" 😂😂😂

Exactly what the people behind the posters hoped to happen. You all proved their point.
    It's farcical to get triggered over this, of course it is. It's like how people don't realise it's "Black Lives Matter Too", not "Only Black Lives Matter" - the nuance is in the fact that it's a movement for equality, not superiority, occasionally hijacked by overzealous fools. On the other hand, this whole 4chan prank was executed knowingly and precisely to elicit a reaction in a charged and sensitive political climate - they cannot be surprised or angry at people not liking the statement, since it is intentionally inflammatory to certain groups of people currently feeling under threat from communities like the Charlottesville protesters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plklupu)
    What do you actually think Marxism is?

Like, what do you actually know about it, besides what Sargon of Akkad or other Sceptic(tm) youtube channels might've led you to wrongly believe?

I can tell you there has not been a single truly Marxist country in existence. No country has abolished money, the state, or any other capitalist class relation. The USSR and all "communist" countries were following the model of state capitalism/Stalinism, loosely. There are certainly no Marxist systems in place in the West today, and no "Marxist" would seriously read the centre-left Guardian. When The Sun or Daily Heil call Corbyn or McDonnell a Marxist, they're spreading the very misinformation that leads people to believe more funds for public services and state ownership of key industries is evil Soviet oppression. The current Lab leadership is Keynesian at best.

Race relations are not Marxism, they're race relations. Marxism isn't a thing that is "led to", like a goal or a system - Marxism is the movement, the struggle, against capitalist structures.

Here's your quick lesson for today.
    So you don’t see a relationship between Marxism and what’s sometimes known as post-Marxism. Can you educate yourself on post-Marxism. You may not agree with and buy into it, but I don’t think you can deny that there are people who buy into it. One of the founders of this movement was Herbert Marcuse who and I have shown a 1977 television interview with him.

So the thing to post-Marxist or today PC social justice warriors like Teresa May who call themselves Conservatives is, Marxism really worked the first time round so you’re new variant of it, trying to get all these groups equal is really going to work the second time round. (Someone is oppressed these days not because not oppressed by the law but because the government didn’t get them a big enough house).

ReputationRep:
    It's farcical to get triggered over this, of course it is. It's like how people don't realise it's "Black Lives Matter Too", not "Only Black Lives Matter" - the nuance is in the fact that it's a movement for equality, not superiority, occasionally hijacked by overzealous fools. On the other hand, this whole 4chan prank was executed knowingly and precisely to elicit a reaction in a charged and sensitive political climate - they cannot be surprised or angry at people not liking the statement, since it is intentionally inflammatory to certain groups of people currently feeling under threat from communities like the Charlottesville protesters.
    The Charlottesville protesters had the right to free speech like anyone else in the United States where they don’t have wrongthink and wrongspeech crimes.

What is the outrage though is the terrible counter-protesters who were violent and the killing of one protester by a driver.

ReputationRep:
    While the people who made it did it knowing it would elicit a reaction, that doesn't mean they're wrong.

If 'Black lives matter' is not racist but 'It's okay to be white' is racist, then an awful lot of whites are going to be asking 'Why'. And there will be no answer that will be given that doesn't essentially say, "Because it isn't okay to be white" when it's boiled down to its essential narrative. That indicates the divisiveness is not on the part of the angry people posting these posters up - They're just highlighting an existing narrative they didn't create.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    While the people who made it did it knowing it would elicit a reaction, that doesn't mean they're wrong.

If 'Black lives matter' is not racist but 'It's okay to be white' is racist, then an awful lot of whites are going to be asking 'Why'. And there will be no answer that will be given that doesn't essentially say, "Because it isn't okay to be white" when it's boiled down to its essential narrative. That indicates the divisiveness is not on the part of the angry people posting these posters up - They're just highlighting an existing narrative they didn't create.
    And what’s more it’s an official state and institution narrative that these posters are terrible.

You will find that as individuals the people working for the state and institution don’t think these posters are bad but they are compelled by an official narrative to express faux outrage.

ReputationRep:
    They're in the UK too. They're all over my uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedwig2189)
    Brilliant. I’m going to start printing them and sticking them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedwig2189)
    Which uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Which uni?
    Winchester

ReputationRep:
    It's okay to be any race. I don't get these posters, as it isn't as if white people are frequently subject to racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotDetermination)
    It's okay to be any race. I don't get these posters, as it isn't as if white people are frequently subject to racism.
    I think the creators of the posters know that the posters are nonsensical.

It’s the seemingly irrational reaction to the posters that the creators of the posters are trying to highlight. While the reaction seems irrational, it makes complete sense under postmodernist social-Marxist theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)

I agree; if that didn't come across in my initial post then I should've phrased it better, perhaps.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.