Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    [issue resolved]
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Frodofrog)

    I’m in a position where I may have to take a leave of absence on serious medical grounds. Currently staying with Unite. I’ve paid my rent in advance, so I’m all upto date.

    Where do I stand?

    As I have already paid my rent in advance, then can I stay? I only ask because the doctors and hospitals that I’ve got used to and trust are local here and I would prefer it if they will be the ones treating me until I recover.

    If it means that I have to pay the council tax, because I technically won’t be a student, then I’ll be happy to do that.

    It’s just that moving in the middle of treatment would add to stress and cause disruption to treatment.

    Anyone else had a similar experience or can offer any advice?
    You would need to read your contract, but most likely you can't stay as you won't be a student.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.