Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!! (Have posted this already, but I'm new to tsr and think I've posted it in the wrong place.)

I'm thinking of applying to spend next summer in America, but I'm not entirely sure what company I should apply to? I'm currently between WildPacks, Camp Leaders, and BUNAC. Have heard good and bad things about them all so not sure? Some people have told me to apply to the camps themselves as you get more money, but would prefer to apply through the company as they put you in touch with potential colleagues, and pay for flights and insurance etc etc.

To be honest, I'm quite hesitant to apply. Despite it seeming like an amazing opportunity and something I would love to do, 3 months seems like a really long time, especially if I don't like the camp or struggle to make friends or whatever.

Was therefore wondering if folk could recommend companies to apply to, and if possible, share any experiences, good or bad, to help convince me one way or another.

Cheers!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just posted a reply to a similar question on this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5041392.

All the companies are similar but out of the three companies you listed I would recommend Camp Leaders. They have years of experience placing staff at camps and their staff are really friendly. It doesn't really matter too much about which company you pick though as they all do the same thing, get you to the States. Maybe check reviews or their facebook pages to make your mind up. Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.