Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Physics with astrophysics and the requirements are A*AA/A*A*A, I am predicted A*AA so I thought Manchester would probably give me an offer of A*AA. After my interview the person who interviewed me told me I had done well and he was going to write a positive review about me. And then I check my offer and it's A*A*A. I seriously doubt I can get that. I can't think of a reason why the offer is so high, maybe my interview wasn't really that good, maybe it's extra competitive this year I really do not know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi_there_person)
    I applied for Physics with astrophysics and the requirements are A*AA/A*A*A, I am predicted A*AA so I thought Manchester would probably give me an offer of A*AA. After my interview the person who interviewed me told me I had done well and he was going to write a positive review about me. And then I check my offer and it's A*A*A. I seriously doubt I can get that. I can't think of a reason why the offer is so high, maybe my interview wasn't really that good, maybe it's extra competitive this year I really do not know.
    There's probably something you lacked such as a weak interview of previous academics but they didn't want to reject you so they gave you a high offer since they believe achieving those top grades will more than make up for other weaknesses.

It maybe due to competition or that they rarely give A*AA offers too. Either way there's not much you can do. You might still be accepted if you get A*AA but that's not something you can bet on.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The offer is nothing to do with your prediction. A*A*A can be a typical offer.

It's possible they might accept A*AA on Results Day, but there's no guarantees.

ReputationRep:
    The interview won’t have affected it; it’s there more to persuade people to come to Manchester over anything

It might have to do with you doing the ideal A Levels for the course, so they want to check you can get the highest grades possible in those subject areas.

As said above, A*A*A is a standard offer so there’s nothing that unusual with the offer you’ve received

I wouldn’t count too much on it but I think you’d still get accepted with A*AA–Manchester’s clearing grades were pretty low last year in STEM departments
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.