Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started year 12 a few months ago and I have taken Maths, Further Maths and Physics for my a-levels (we were recommended to take 3). I didn't want to take art as i wasn't sure I wanted to do architecture at uni, & i didn't take it at gcse so it would've been risky. I am good at art, I just prefer to do it in my own time.

I need to start on a portfolio for uni and I can't find much on what to include, can anyone help on how to present it and how much I need to do?

Thanks in advance )
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebekah150)
    I started year 12 a few months ago and I have taken Maths, Further Maths and Physics for my a-levels (we were recommended to take 3). I didn't want to take art as i wasn't sure I wanted to do architecture at uni, & i didn't take it at gcse so it would've been risky. I am good at art, I just prefer to do it in my own time.

I need to start on a portfolio for uni and I can't find much on what to include, can anyone help on how to present it and how much I need to do?

Thanks in advance )
    Hi rebekah150

Do you have an idea of what universities you are thinking of applying to?

If you look at the entry requirements for the course you want, there should be information on there about what is expected of portfolios.

If it's quite vague - I'd advise contacting either the admissions team or a course lecturer for a bit more detail of what to include.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    thank you ! that helps a lot, i never realised unis specified what they want in a portfolio so ill defiantly check that out
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebekah150)
    thank you ! that helps a lot, i never realised unis specified what they want in a portfolio so ill defiantly check that out
    A couple of years ago some TSR members very kindly shared their portfolios
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...576&highlight=

These include a lot of applicants to Bartlett's (so there's often a section for the Bartlett task they completed). But you can see there's a very wide variety of styles and techniques.

It might be worth applying to a few foundation diploma courses alongside your degree applications - they're often recommended for applicants who don't have much art & design background and the courses are designed to help you explore different techniques and build your portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    i had never really thought about the option of doing a foundation art course, i’ll look into it and thank you for the link !!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.