Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (This question involves a mistake I made today. Please don't be too harsh - there's not much point as I've learned my lesson.)

So today, I was on the bus home from college and literally one minute away from my stop (where the bus terminates). It was pretty empty as you can imagine. Anyway, I have a bad habit of picking my nose and just out of habit I'm afraid I was doing that. Anyway, a woman I have never spoken to before let alone ever seen in my life who was sitting behind me said nastily, "Stop picking your nose, you dirty thing!"

I found this very insulting - I just did as she asked and even though I said I was sorry she didn't say a word back and looked just as angry.

So, we both acted poorly, but which person more so do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    You, that is gross and you shouldn't do it in public.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    You, that is gross and you shouldn't do it in public.
    Hey, I said don't be too harsh, didn't I?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    That's so gross I would've probs got off the bus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpacePatroFan189)
    Hey, I said don't be too harsh, didn't I?
    It's not harsh, it's true.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    That's so gross I would've probs got off the bus
    Come on, it's not THAT bad. It's pretty gross, but not TOO terrible. Besides, I stopped and said sorry and admit I was wrong. You guys are being way too hard on me!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpacePatroFan189)
    Come on, it's not THAT bad. It's pretty gross, but not TOO terrible. Besides, I stopped and said sorry and admit I was wrong. You guys are being way too hard on me!
    I'll tell you why it is, the fact that you feel no disgust in meddling with your nasal excretion gives truth to the unhygienic connotations public transport is so prone to. The 'Midas Touch' scenario is also a reason why sheer disgust is the only response to your account, much like the legend of King Midas changing the state of his surroundings by the nature of his touch, your contaminative physical contact with the public apparatus (railings, handles, seats) is very repellent. In fact this thread has reminded me not to interact with passenger instruments!

ReputationRep:
    If you wiped your fingers on tissue or something before touching/contaminating anything she was wrong, if you were wiping them on the seats you were wrong.

It would really piss me off if a random person spoke to me like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordofbutthurt)
    If you wiped your fingers on tissue or something before touching/contaminating anything she was wrong, if you were wiping them on the seats you were wrong.

It would really piss me off if a random person spoke to me like that.
    I didn't wipe on anything - there was nothing to wipe off, there was barely anything up there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.