Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like I messed up already. Watch

Ok, so first off some quick backstory, I've been interested in this girl for a while, I looked at her a reasonable amount (not too much that it's creepy or anything) but she began to look at me a lot too (like heavy 3-4 second looks) and then I got a bit nervous and then ignored her as I felt awkward. I also didn't want to flat out show I'm interested in her which is another reason why I didn't look back. I only see her at break time or lunch time and even then it's not a guarantee that i'd see her.

The reason for the thread title is that I'm scared I messed up by not approaching at the time she was looking at me or even looking back, so now I feel as though she's maybe lost the "interest" she had in me (if she had any what so ever.)

My main question is have I messed up and/or can I somehow redeem myself? It's a common thing that girls want guys with confidence and obviously me not looking back or approaching shows a lack of that.

Here's some things to consider but also not consider as my brain is basically trying to find any signs of her being interested in me:
    She sometimes looks at me still but they're basically"crossfire glances"

She POSSIBLY has talked about me with some people in order to find out if I like her/know of her, however I can't confirm this. The person who asked me about her had somewhat of a logical reason to, however the day after they asked me about her I decided to try catch them out by asking a question related to what they were asking about and got around a 10% chance that the question was innocent. (possibly higher considering other factors.)

If you could read this and answer the bold question at least then it'd be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Carpe diem Hun x

ReputationRep:
    Im in a similar situation. But its been 5 years
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think you are overthinking the situation. You haven't messed anything up. Try talking to her next time.

ReputationRep:
    You're overthinking everything.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you messed up! It's just a look. Next time, go talk to her, and you will get a better feel if she is interested in you!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so first off some quick backstory, I've been interested in this girl for a while, I looked at her a reasonable amount (not too much that it's creepy or anything) but she began to look at me a lot too (like heavy 3-4 second looks) and then I got a bit nervous and then ignored her as I felt awkward. I also didn't want to flat out show I'm interested in her which is another reason why I didn't look back. I only see her at break time or lunch time and even then it's not a guarantee that i'd see her.

The reason for the thread title is that I'm scared I messed up by not approaching at the time she was looking at me or even looking back, so now I feel as though she's maybe lost the "interest" she had in me (if she had any what so ever.)

My main question is have I messed up and/or can I somehow redeem myself? It's a common thing that girls want guys with confidence and obviously me not looking back or approaching shows a lack of that.

Here's some things to consider but also not consider as my brain is basically trying to find any signs of her being interested in me:
    She sometimes looks at me still but they're basically"crossfire glances"

She POSSIBLY has talked about me with some people in order to find out if I like her/know of her, however I can't confirm this. The person who asked me about her had somewhat of a logical reason to, however the day after they asked me about her I decided to try catch them out by asking a question related to what they were asking about and got around a 10% chance that the question was innocent. (possibly higher considering other factors.)

If you could read this and answer the bold question at least then it'd be appreciated.
    How long have you known her. I would recommend talking to her outside of class. Like texting her or social media or whatever.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

you're being extremely thick mate. just start by saying hi and talking about school/uni whatever, like you're talking to a new friend. don't you have any classes together?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.