Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting a good amount of sleep every night, but the next day, I feel so tired that I might as well have had none. It's strange though because some days, I'll wake up feeling full of energy and others, I'll wake up feeling shattered. I often find myself having to sleep in the day just to have the energy to get work done in the evening. Anyone experience the same thing and have any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same but make sure you’re taking these things into consideration
    Diet making sure you have a balanced diet
    Making sure you’re not driving things with High sugar content or caffeine before bed
    Maybe you have kind of vitamin deficiency go get s blood test done at your doctors might be anemic
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambeaz6)
    I've been getting a good amount of sleep every night, but the next day, I feel so tired that I might as well have had none. It's strange though because some days, I'll wake up feeling full of energy and others, I'll wake up feeling shattered. I often find myself having to sleep in the day just to have the energy to get work done in the evening. Anyone experience the same thing and have any recommendations?
    Do some exercise regularly (by this I don't mean some light hearted exercise, but something that'll get your heart rate up and making you sweat). Its proven to help fatigue.

The other main thing mentioned by the other user is diet: eating more greens, small frequent meals (especially breakfast which is really important) will boost your energy. Eating specific food in the morning can also make you feel more awake and help you get through the day. Fuel your body with healthy protein, healthy fat, veggies or fruit regularly.

In addition to above drink lots of water, and plan to sleep early everyday (at the same time). You could take a nap during the day, which is quite beneficial. If everything fails, see a doctor.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambeaz6)
    How much is a "decent amount of sleep" to you? Teenagers (I'm assuming you're a teenager) need about 9 hours sleep ideally. It's more than adults cos you're doing a lot of growing and developing which needs more energy.
    Other than making sure you're getting enough sleep, eating and drinking well and avoiding things like caffeine I would suggest you pop in to see your GP. It's possible you have something like a vitamin deficiency which is meaning you don't have enough energy. It's simple to test for- just a blood test and should be easily treatable with diet changes or supplements so it's totally worth getting checked out to make sure.

Hope that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.