Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NUT ALLREGY who can relate Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a severe nut allergy to all nuts but mainly and extremely to Peanuts.
    I just want some clarity I’m not the only person who feels This way.
    I’m scared to eat or even drink something new from a restaurant that I can’t see the ingredients too
    I also avoid getting drinks like hot chocolate just incase they put like hazelnut flavouring
    Super worried when i eat out
    I’m also super embarrassed to tell people I have this allergy feels super like important to tell people but I never do usually
    Like at my work people eat peanuts and I feel my skin go all itchy and eyes water up but I don’t say anything as I feel like I don’t want people to feel like the can’t eat just because of me

Another thing I don’t think people realise how serious they actually are people can die from this or even get severe brain damage when coming into contact.
    I’m So worried all the time about my allergy it does hold me back a lot someone help loll
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverconfu)
    I’m scared to eat or even drink something new from a restaurant that I can’t see the ingredients too
    I also avoid getting drinks like hot chocolate just incase they put like hazelnut flavouring
    I’m also super embarrassed to tell people I have this allergy feels super like important to tell people but I never do usually
    Like at my work people eat peanuts and I feel my skin go all itchy and eyes water up but I don’t say anything as I feel like I don’t want people to feel like the can’t eat just because of me

Another thing I don’t think people realise how serious they actually are people can die from this or even get severe brain damage when coming into contact.
    I’m So worried all the time about my allergy it does hold me back a lot someone help loll
    I have a peanut allergy. It's annoying because you have to ask every time you eat out and most of the time the person is clueless so you have to send them to the kitchen to find out.

It used to be very severe but even now I still can't eat it or I'd get an allergic reaction (though not fatal).

There is nothing wrong with a nut allergy, it's actually more common than you think.

What could be helpful is if you try and book an appointment with your GP for an allergy test. It just takes a sample of blood and they'll tell you how severe your allergy is and it might uncover other allergies you may have.

ReputationRep:

I am the exact same!!!
    If someone’s having nuts I just move to another room and don’t make contact with the person for 24 hours.
    Personally I don’t allow anyone in my house to consume any form of nuts, not even may contain!!
    I’m just worried about having to share a kitchen at uni dorms next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I have a peanut allergy. It's annoying because you have to ask every time you eat out and most of the time the person is clueless so you have to send them to the kitchen to find out.

It used to be very severe but even now I still can't eat it or I'd get an allergic reaction (though not fatal).

There is nothing wrong with a nut allergy, it's actually more common than you think.

What could be helpful is if you try and book an appointment with your GP for an allergy test. It just takes a sample of blood and they'll tell you how severe your allergy is and it might uncover other allergies you may have.
    Yeh I got a test and found out I was also allergic to shell fish lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheikhbrumie99)
    I am the exact same!!!
    If someone’s having nuts I just move to another room and don’t make contact with the person for 24 hours.
    Personally I don’t allow anyone in my house to consume any form of nuts, not even may contain!!
    Defo just have your own cooking equipment and storage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheikhbrumie99)
    I am the exact same!!!
    Are u ok where you go out to clubs ?? Like if be so worried like with the drink or people eating peanuts

ReputationRep:
    Are u ok where you go out to clubs ?? Like if be so worried like with the drink or people eating peanuts
    Yeh I just have bottled drinks and stay away from anyone eating any peanuts

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.