Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really insecure about my height.. Watch

Is this a troll thread? :p:

Lol seriously, 6ft1 is basically the ideal height. As others have said, if you were like 5ft6 or something, then your dating changes would be seriously seriously affected and I'd understand you being insecure.

But being insecure about 6ft1 is ridiculous lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Uve got to learn to accept who you are and embrace it. 6' 1" is on the tall end of heights, the vast, vast majority of women are shorter than you. Just anaylse ur thoughts for a second: What EXACTLY about her being a couple inches taller is making you intimidated?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can I accept it? My elder brother is 6'5, my dad is 6'4 and my uncle's like 6'3 too. One of my cousins is taller than me too. I'm only taller than my sisters and my mum. I want to be as tall as them....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this a troll thread? :p:

Lol seriously, 6ft1 is basically the ideal height. As others have said, if you were like 5ft6 or something, then your dating changes would be seriously seriously affected and I'd understand you being insecure.

But being insecure about 6ft1 is ridiculous lol.
    I do feel insecure because some of my family members and close blood relatives are taller than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous7932)
    How can I accept it? My elder brother is 6'5, my dad is 6'4 and my uncle's like 6'3 too. One of my cousins is taller than me too. I'm only taller than my sisters and my mum. I want to be as tall as them....
    Get ur growth plates checked. If they are closed that means ur done growing. If not then get on a good diet and pray.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If a girl rejects you because you're a few inches shorter then it's probably for the best tbh. Like who would want to be in relationship with someone that petty? As long as you're attractive, have a good personality etc. Then she'll likely say yes.

ReputationRep:
    lmao i'm 16 and 5'5

ReputationRep:
    Honestly mate if you're towering over most of the London population and still feeling insecure your issues are probably a more personal thing that only you can fix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzytizzie)
    Get knee surgery
    I think I might do that if I find out that I've stopped growing...

ReputationRep:
    Mate I'm 4"11. Your height is your height just roll with it. **** all you can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous7932)
    I think I might do that if I find out that I've stopped growing...
    Only a few doctors worldwide do it and it costs around $80,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    Only a few doctors worldwide do it and it costs around $80,000.
    Wow really?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.