Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a degree Apprenticeship in digital and Technology Solutions and I dont know how to start my PS
    I know I'm writing it for the employer but do I mention anything about the course as well. Can anyone give me questions that I can answer?
    Also I'm worried I won't have enough to write about. I don't do any extra curricular activity and don't really have any hobbies except listening to music watching YouTube videos and occasionally baking is fun but not a hobby. I literally have nothing to write about and my tutor at college is expecting a first draft by Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Do you genuinely like Digital and Technology Solutions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derpylasagna)
    Do you genuinely like Digital and Technology Solutions?
    Meh, not too bothered as long as I get a degree. It's mostly general stuff anyways and I'd rather go straight into a job but it's better to have a degree in IT related jobs so I can progress.

Do you have any advice about my PS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sEverydayBro)
    Meh, not too bothered as long as I get a degree. It's mostly general stuff anyways and I'd rather go straight into a job but it's better to have a degree in IT related jobs so I can progress.

Then it might be difficult for you to write a PS. Unless you can really think of something that interests you and such I don't think you'll be able to write a good PS, unless you BS.

ReputationRep:

You can start by researching the course and see which parts of it you'd want to write about.

ReputationRep:
    Then it might be difficult for you to write a PS. Unless you can really think of something that interests you and such I don't think you'll be able to write a good PS, unless you BS.
    But isn't the PS supposed to be aimed towards the employer not the university? Do I need to talk about the course or not?

Ahaha what kind of stuff could I BS to get me employed so I can do the degree?

ReputationRep:
    But isn't the PS supposed to be aimed towards the employer not the university? Do I need to talk about the course or not?

Ahaha what kind of stuff could I BS to get me employed so I can do the degree?
    Are you using your PS to apply to a course? Is this for an undergrad degree or? As for the BS part, I'm not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    Are you using your PS to apply to a course? Is this for an undergrad degree or? As for the BS part, I'm not too sure.
    It's for a degree Apprenticeship which is 4 days worth of day release from uni to go to the employer and 1 day a week in uni You get paid as well lmao. It's more like a job than uni but I still have to write a PS for the employer but idk what to put.

ReputationRep:
    It's for a degree Apprenticeship which is 4 days worth of day release from uni to go to the employer and 1 day a week in uni You get paid as well lmao. It's more like a job than uni but I still have to write a PS for the employer but idk what to put.
    I don't think I can help you out then since I am more familiar with undergrad PSs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I can help you out then since I am more familiar with undergrad PSs.
    Okay thanks anyways ahaha
    Let's hope someone else can help although I don't think anyone else will answer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.