The Student Room Group

NHS GradScheme

Anyone applied for this?
I did and they turned me down on the first test and I don't even know what i did wrong :frown:
Original post by Asha_19
Anyone applied for this?
I did and they turned me down on the first test and I don't even know what i did wrong :frown:

Ask for feedback then :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Ask for feedback then :smile:

I don't know how I'd react with it but it's a good idea I didnt really think about it but thank you. I'll let you know the response.

Hi to add to this it clearly states on the email "Please note due to the volume of applications we
receive at this stage we are not able to provide feedback at this stage in the process".

I have another email do you think I should email the on that, the reason why I'm saying this is because I've waited 2 years for the opportunity and I get turned down :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Asha_19
I don't know how I'd react with it but it's a good idea I didnt really think about it but thank you. I'll let you know the response.

Hi to add to this it clearly states on the email "Please note due to the volume of applications we
receive at this stage we are not able to provide feedback at this stage in the process".

I have another email do you think I should email the on that, the reason why I'm saying this is because I've waited 2 years for the opportunity and I get turned down :frown:

It's still worth a shot as in some cases in spite of this sort of message I have been able to get some feedback. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
It's still worth a shot as in some cases in spite of this sort of message I have been able to get some feedback. Good luck!

Thank you, I have emailed them it's just a waiting game now. I'll keep you updated.
Reply 5
Original post by J-SP
They are unlikely to change their decision as most public departments have to apply a very fair recruitment process. You can ask for feedback, but if they have stated they can’t give it, I suspect at best you will get a polite email back reiterating they can’t give feedback.

Oh:frown:. Honestly, I really don't know what to do at this moment of time. I feel emotionally distressed and I can't seem to get over it, it seriously feels like my dreams have been crushed.
Reply 6
There's lots of other grad schemes you can apply for: https://www.brightnetwork.co.uk/graduate-career-advice/choosing-a-career/application-deadlines-graduate-schemes/
That's the only list I can find right now but it's listed in order of application deadlines so that's quite useful. There's a few science ones on there, main one I know of is Wellcome Trust and I can see AstraZeneca on there too.

My advice is to also apply to some other generic grad schemes - some that you're not that interested in - just for the sake of practice.
Practice the psychometric tests and working on your written statements etc and even get some interview practice. It will build up your confidence and make you a stronger candidate when you apply for the grad scheme that you actually want. Even with a science degree, you can still apply to any grad scheme. They all lead to different routes like finance or IT but you'll find usually none of them specify a particular degree that they want you to have.
You might even end up liking some of the other grad schemes as you spend time learning about them and going through their application process. Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Petulia
There's lots of other grad schemes you can apply for: https://www.brightnetwork.co.uk/graduate-career-advice/choosing-a-career/application-deadlines-graduate-schemes/
That's the only list I can find right now but it's listed in order of application deadlines so that's quite useful. There's a few science ones on there, main one I know of is Wellcome Trust and I can see AstraZeneca on there too.

My advice is to also apply to some other generic grad schemes - some that you're not that interested in - just for the sake of practice.
Practice the psychometric tests and working on your written statements etc and even get some interview practice. It will build up your confidence and make you a stronger candidate when you apply for the grad scheme that you actually want. Even with a science degree, you can still apply to any grad scheme. They all lead to different routes like finance or IT but you'll find usually none of them specify a particular degree that they want you to have.
You might even end up liking some of the other grad schemes as you spend time learning about them and going through their application process. Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll have a look at that website now to see if any appeal to me. I just want to stay in the health field and not drift elsewhere because it's something i've been wanting to do as a child if you know what I mean.
Reply 8
Original post by J-SP
There will be other opportunities within the NHS if that’s who you want to work for. And you can always apply next year.

Also look for similar programmes with other organisations.

I will thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending