Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for this?
    I did and they turned me down on the first test and I don't even know what i did wrong
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha_19)
    Anyone applied for this?
    I did and they turned me down on the first test and I don't even know what i did wrong
    Ask for feedback then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Ask for feedback then
    I don't know how I'd react with it but it's a good idea I didnt really think about it but thank you. I'll let you know the response.

Hi to add to this it clearly states on the email "Please note due to the volume of applications we
    receive at this stage we are not able to provide feedback at this stage in the process".

I have another email do you think I should email the on that, the reason why I'm saying this is because I've waited 2 years for the opportunity and I get turned down
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how I'd react with it but it's a good idea I didnt really think about it but thank you. I'll let you know the response.

Hi to add to this it clearly states on the email "Please note due to the volume of applications we
    receive at this stage we are not able to provide feedback at this stage in the process".

I have another email do you think I should email the on that, the reason why I'm saying this is because I've waited 2 years for the opportunity and I get turned down
    It's still worth a shot as in some cases in spite of this sort of message I have been able to get some feedback. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    It's still worth a shot as in some cases in spite of this sort of message I have been able to get some feedback. Good luck!
    Thank you, I have emailed them it's just a waiting game now. I'll keep you updated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

They are unlikely to change their decision as most public departments have to apply a very fair recruitment process. You can ask for feedback, but if they have stated they can’t give it, I suspect at best you will get a polite email back reiterating they can’t give feedback.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    They are unlikely to change their decision as most public departments have to apply a very fair recruitment process. You can ask for feedback, but if they have stated they can’t give it, I suspect at best you will get a polite email back reiterating they can’t give feedback.
    Oh. Honestly, I really don't know what to do at this moment of time. I feel emotionally distressed and I can't seem to get over it, it seriously feels like my dreams have been crushed.

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of other grad schemes you can apply for: https://www.brightnetwork.co.uk/grad...duate-schemes/
    That's the only list I can find right now but it's listed in order of application deadlines so that's quite useful. There's a few science ones on there, main one I know of is Wellcome Trust and I can see AstraZeneca on there too.

My advice is to also apply to some other generic grad schemes - some that you're not that interested in - just for the sake of practice.
    Practice the psychometric tests and working on your written statements etc and even get some interview practice. It will build up your confidence and make you a stronger candidate when you apply for the grad scheme that you actually want. Even with a science degree, you can still apply to any grad scheme. They all lead to different routes like finance or IT but you'll find usually none of them specify a particular degree that they want you to have.
    You might even end up liking some of the other grad schemes as you spend time learning about them and going through their application process. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    There's lots of other grad schemes you can apply for: https://www.brightnetwork.co.uk/grad...duate-schemes/
    That's the only list I can find right now but it's listed in order of application deadlines so that's quite useful. There's a few science ones on there, main one I know of is Wellcome Trust and I can see AstraZeneca on there too.

My advice is to also apply to some other generic grad schemes - some that you're not that interested in - just for the sake of practice.
    Practice the psychometric tests and working on your written statements etc and even get some interview practice. It will build up your confidence and make you a stronger candidate when you apply for the grad scheme that you actually want. Even with a science degree, you can still apply to any grad scheme. They all lead to different routes like finance or IT but you'll find usually none of them specify a particular degree that they want you to have.
    You might even end up liking some of the other grad schemes as you spend time learning about them and going through their application process. Good luck
    Thank you so much for your reply. I'll have a look at that website now to see if any appeal to me. I just want to stay in the health field and not drift elsewhere because it's something i've been wanting to do as a child if you know what I mean.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Honestly, I really don't know what to do at this moment of time. I feel emotionally distressed and I can't seem to get over it, it seriously feels like my dreams have been crushed.
    There will be other opportunities within the NHS if that’s who you want to work for. And you can always apply next year.

Also look for similar programmes with other organisations.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    There will be other opportunities within the NHS if that’s who you want to work for. And you can always apply next year.

Also look for similar programmes with other organisations.
    I will thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.