Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I get a fine and points on my license? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically coming off a roundabout there was a set of traffic lights but just as I was about to go through another car began reversing out into the road out of a parking space so I had to stop on a pedestrian crossing and while I was on the crossing the lights went red (I could tell because the car behind me stopped). The pedestrians waited for me to clear the crossing walking across and since I was already on the crossing I proceeded when it was clear. I noticed there were cameras on the traffic lights pointing at the crossing and I'm really worried I'll get points on my license I only passed my test 3 weeks ago. I have attached a picture of the lights can someone please tell me if I could get caught I'm really anxious.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please reply
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-99)
    So basically coming off a roundabout there was a set of traffic lights but just as I was about to go through another car began reversing out into the road out of a parking space so I had to stop on a pedestrian crossing and while I was on the crossing the lights went red (I could tell because the car behind me stopped). The pedestrians waited for me to clear the crossing walking across and since I was already on the crossing I proceeded when it was clear. I noticed there were cameras on the traffic lights pointing at the crossing and I'm really worried I'll get points on my license I only passed my test 3 weeks ago. I have attached a picture of the lights can someone please tell me if I could get caught I'm really anxious.

They're just sensors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    They're just sensors.

Thank you so much for replying you have no idea how relieved I am

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Yeah, they are just sensors No need to worry, it's not even your fault.
    FYI this is what traffic light cameras look like, and record you passing them.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.54...2!8i6656?hl=en

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arjanvirdi)
    Hey! Yeah, they are just sensors No need to worry, it's not even your fault.
    FYI this is what traffic light cameras look like, and record you passing them.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.54...2!8i6656?hl=en

Thank you . That crossing should really be further back it's literally right next to the roundabout and the parking bays are right next to the crossing too I'm just glad nothing will come of it.

ReputationRep:
    If your front wheels have crossed the line on green or amber then you are fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.