Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was recently checking my UCAS app and I found that I accidentally put "IGCSE Computer Studies" instead of "IGCSE Computer Science", with the same grade. Was wondering what I should do?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneMists)
    I was recently checking my UCAS app and I found that I accidentally put "IGCSE Computer Studies" instead of "IGCSE Computer Science", with the same grade. Was wondering what I should do?
    Don't panic. Double check everything else in case you've made other similar mistakes.

Email [email protected] with the details that need changing. Remember to include your personal ID. Wait until they reply - it's possible it might take until Monday now - and see what they say. They might tell you to notify the unis you've applied to directly, and if so you send the same email to the admissions tutors.

ReputationRep:
    I think I did the same thing too, its just that there wasn't a Computer Science option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloitsmeq23)
    I think I did the same thing too, its just that there wasn't a Computer Science option.
    So are they the same thing? Do I have to do anything then?

ReputationRep:
    I did not do anything...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It's most likely going to be OK. But if too many applicants meet their offers the uni may look for technicalities to reject people. And technically you have declared an incorrect qualification.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are your school just called it a different thing. Our school called it GCSE Computer Science but my exam certificate said GCSE Computing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It's most likely going to be OK. But if too many applicants meet their offers the uni may look for technicalities to reject people. And technically you have declared an incorrect qualification.
    Would I be worrying for medicine?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLousie)
    Chances are your school just called it a different thing. Our school called it GCSE Computer Science but my exam certificate said GCSE Computing
    :P I checked the certificate and it says computer science
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Would I be worrying for medicine?
    You're looking at it the wrong way.

Medicine offers are very hard to get. Do you really want to give yours up over something so stupid?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.