Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I will try to make this as clear as possible,
    So I’m trying to get another gift year from student finance, I have a heart problem and other illness that have effected my studies and I couldn’t keep up with the university and I have had 2 surgeries done so far and both have failed, my problem is what should I write to student finance to get this extra year of funding ? I have sent a GP letter starting all my health problems and I got rejected today as they want the doctor to state how it effected my studies ? Any ideas on what to actually write in such a letter ?

Thanks guys
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noradhuha)
    So I’m trying to get another gift year from student finance, I have a heart problem and other illness that have effected my studies and I couldn’t keep up with the university and I have had 2 surgeries done so far and both have failed, my problem is what should I write to student finance to get this extra year of funding ? I have sent a GP letter starting all my health problems and I got rejected today as they want the doctor to state how it effected my studies ? Any ideas on what to actually write in such a letter ?

Thanks guys
    If student finance want to doctor to state how it affected your studies it won't matter what you write - they want the doctor to write how it affected your studies. If you can't get your doctor to write an adequate letter, you may be able to ask a tutor at the university to write a letter on your behalf. But you need someone professional to verify the facts.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Noradhuha)

Thanks guys
    Hard without knowing what the GP letter says, but it needs to be more specific on saying how your condition impacts on your studies. That means stuff like ability to concentrate, study for prolonged periods, sleep, memory retention, being in pain etc. How did it affect your studies, so they can understand what you were going through?

Your GP is going to be reluctant to redraft or write in detail so you need to put a lot of this in the form and maybe do a draft of the things you want them to mention.

https://www.solent.ac.uk/finance/doc...y-payments.pdf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.